Ready to Strike?

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Yes but you still have to have tractor trailer drivers to move the freight and you need people to unload them and sort them.

I can tell you that most of the pvds did not even make it through the Christmas season, many only worked a few days and quit

Yes the pilots make me nervous because they got an extension on their contract.

Hopefully they will not transport struck goods

Scabbing is highly looked down upon in the aviation community so I would be shocked if the pilots did not honor your strike. I am a IAM member and Most if not all IAM mechanics will honor it. Already has been discussed in my shop and our union will tell us not to cross.

We had a couple of guys beating the "the drivers would not honor our strike" drum and I told them while that may be true, you dont want to be the guy everyone will always remember as crossing the line. They will never forget it.

When I put it that way the two guys that were talking about scabbing got it, nobody with any brains wants to be shunned for decades, and probably run under the bus daily.

JL 0513

PVD's can cover some house stops, but all the important packages are the business bulk. There's no way they can cover that.

This "Contingency Plan" is mostly hot air. The unemployment rate is still too low to find any amount of suitable people. You'd have to start them upwards of $30/hr and more to pull them in. Hey, maybe UPS will pay whatever is needed out of desperation.

PVD's can cover some house stops, but all the important packages are the business bulk. There's no way they can cover that.

This "Contingency Plan" is mostly hot air. The unemployment rate is still too low to find any amount of suitable people. You'd have to start them upwards of $30/hr and more to pull them in. Hey, maybe UPS will pay whatever is needed out of desperation.
I think both sides are going to have a very valid argument next year

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
6sgp66.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Oh look, a retiree telling us what work conditions we should be ok with.

This is the problem we're going to have, is media headlines like that.

"UPS drivers making 6 figures threatening strike!"

That's easy. Just reiterate that we had a brother die under the working conditions, and show the video of the guy who got woozy and collapsed in front of the ring camera. Then bring up all the other safety issues we deal with and the number of injuries and how many people end up on disability.

Oh look, a retiree telling us what work conditions we should be ok with.

That's easy. Just reiterate that we had a brother die under the working conditions, and show the video of the guy who got woozy and collapsed in front of the ring camera. Then bring up all the other safety issues we deal with and the number of injuries and how many people end up on disability.
Be nice to ride he usually does not give advice about working here.
The trucks have always been extremely hot but maybe he does not realize how much to work load has expanded over the decades