Ready to Strike?

100%

Not voting to strike. UPS has allowed me to own my own home and support my family all without a lick of higher education. Everyone at some point had to work insane amount of overtime and deal with the elements. Once you put in the years, you will see how this just is a cakewalk.

You think this :censored2: is tough? Look at people digging ditches, doing landscaping day in day out. Work safe, drink lots of water, use the methods and take extra cooling breaks during the hot summers. Stop playing into the games of management if they tell try to reprimand you for looking out for your own safety.

As for the part-timers, I do think their wages need to be looked at. Most jobs flipping burgers pay 15 bucks an hour starting in a lot of areas and some even pay more.
Landscapers make twice what we make where I live. WTH are you talking about? Thanks for pointing out starting wages flipping burgers is higher than UPS, while also stating with your first sentence that you don’t give af about part timers. Answer this, why take the companies side out the gate, but then mention your concerned about PTs? Those 2 don’t go together.

100%

Ready? Me? No. My coworkers? Most want to out of spite, and at the very beginning I was too, but after reading up on people’s accounts who were there in 97, the way the economy is going, and talking with the BA I developed a more rational and diplomatic point of view. I would want to take part in one for historical reasons, but I’m up for diplomacy. Will we get it? Not sure. Anything and everything is up in the air. It’s a new union president with on the other side a new CEO. I feel many part timers including me would be the following sans the firing:
It isn’t up to us to strike. The company has been building this up for decades. It’s all on the company now. If they want us to strike, then we will. I’m actually tired of hearing the BS of what the strike will do to the company. Cry me a river. UPS was trying to fire drivers during the pandemic for trying to get a day off. They can all burn in hell. If UPS really thinks the strike will hurt the business, then they would just pay us.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Everyone voted for Sean like he was the second coming. Now nobody has any faith in him to negotiate a contract without striking.

In addition to historic wage increases, the tentative agreement maintains workers’ health and welfare plans and pension plans through increases in employer contributions.

Other highlights include the addition of MLK Day as an observed paid holiday; an increase of paid holiday leave for part-time workers; improved ability to take paid funeral leave; reimbursement for all required CDL costs; stronger seniority protections for day-to-day cutting of routes; and protections against inward-facing cameras in delivery vehicles.

The Teamsters also maintained the Cost-of-Living Adjustment (COLA), which could result in additional significant wage increases next year above and beyond the contractually required increases. The new agreement contains no givebacks or concessions.

In addition to historic wage increases, the tentative agreement maintains workers’ health and welfare plans and pension plans through increases in employer contributions.

Other highlights include the addition of MLK Day as an observed paid holiday; an increase of paid holiday leave for part-time workers; improved ability to take paid funeral leave; reimbursement for all required CDL costs; stronger seniority protections for day-to-day cutting of routes; and protections against inward-facing cameras in delivery vehicles.

The Teamsters also maintained the Cost-of-Living Adjustment (COLA), which could result in additional significant wage increases next year above and beyond the contractually required increases. The new agreement contains no givebacks or concessions.
523D18E8-F136-4F76-B1D1-848269ECED0F.gif

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
It isn’t up to us to strike. The company has been building this up for decades. It’s all on the company now. If they want us to strike, then we will. I’m actually tired of hearing the BS of what the strike will do to the company. Cry me a river. UPS was trying to fire drivers during the pandemic for trying to get a day off. They can all burn in hell. If UPS really thinks the strike will hurt the business, then they would just pay us.
All I’m saying is to have a prudent mind. I’m still on the bottom tier of part time seniority so a strike would affect me and the other members since I’m also a shop steward. That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t walk the line. I know what’s at stake and am willing to sacrifice and risk a lay off in order to demand what we deserve. I’m sure the company would love to lay me off since I ride their asses throughout the building though.

TopsyKrets

$41.51
you don't know what walked the line means?

who are you?
I know what it means. I understand the repercussions. I just have a hard time believing that someone would actually do it. Then have the bawls to come hang out on a union public forum and openly admit it.

Last edited:

Cowboy Mac

The pressure on him may be too great.
Can you imagine the stock market decline?
I don’t have to imagine it. We’re living in it right now. Congress created the situation we’re in (cost of living outpacing our wage increases) by massive over spending. Teamsters going on strike is just part of the market responding to their own decrease in buying power.

The President will still probably step in and try to blame either side, when it was politicians that created the conditions that led to the strike in the first place.

And before anyone starts any name calling, I’ll say this: I blame both sides. Trump was SO proud of his $2000 stimulus checks and Biden with his $1.9 trillion “covid relief”. It’s such a relief to pay 30 percent more for everything!

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I don’t have to imagine it. We’re living in it right now. Congress created the situation we’re in (cost of living outpacing our wage increases) by massive over spending. Teamsters going on strike is just part of the market responding to their own decrease in buying power.

The President will still probably step in and try to blame either side, when it was politicians that created the conditions that led to the strike in the first place.

And before anyone starts any name calling, I’ll say this: I blame both sides. Trump was SO proud of his $2000 stimulus checks and Biden with his $1.9 trillion “covid relief”. It’s such a relief to pay 30 percent more for everything!
correct and the moronic citizens thought this was "free money" from their Uncles.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I know what it means. I understand the repercussions. I just have a hard time believing that someone would actually do it. Then have the bawls to come hang out on a union public forum and openly admit it.
walked the line means walking the picket line.....not crossing it.

sorry if I misunderstood you.

I think we'd have been much better off have UPS take over the pension fund. At least I might not have to worry about my Central States portion.
They aren't going to take on the liability of a pension after they got all that government bail out money

Look they are eliminating management pension this year