Really light volume

box_beeyotch

It's been light for our hub in the Midwest for over a month.

Mondays are the worst. IF you work, you are getting 2 routes in 1. Nightmare

About 10 drivers are bumped into the building from our center (2).

It's actually nice to work 4 days at 36hrs :D

They cut routes here too on Mondays and combine them in ways that make zero sense what so ever. The nice part is I'm always extra on Mondays and most drivers are always willing to go home on Mondays

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Deliver down in NC and we're experiencing really light volume.. No split routes in, cutting routes twice a week... 8-10 drivers going home every day. Anyone else experiencing this across the states?
I told everybody after the profit reports came out for last quarter of lasy year they were going to play games with the volume and crushing everybody to make some of that money back. And look whats happening, kinda ironic dont ya think more drivers going home this time of the year than normal and drivers are getting super beat down this time of year when in alot of places across the country slow down or are getting ready for their 1st peak of the year.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
With so much visibility in tracking, there are no games with volume.

We've had Orion for about a year and a half.
1) A route next to me that is out Monday usually, was out on Tuesday. Never seen that route out on a Tuesday outside of mid-summer.
2) My route usually has 6 different neighboring areas where I'd get extra stops if I was light. Usually I'd get whole sections until I reached my stop limit. Tuesday I ended up with pieces of 5 areas. This was not thought up by a person, but was organized using the Orion logarithms. It made no sense but ended up giving me my usual work load. They even cut some of my permanent area to give me stuff that I never get. It is the ultimate route buster.

With so much visibility in tracking, there are no games with volume.

We've had Orion for about a year and a half.
1) A route next to me that is out Monday usually, was out on Tuesday. Never seen that route out on a Tuesday outside of mid-summer.
2) My route usually has 6 different neighboring areas where I'd get extra stops if I was light. Usually I'd get whole sections until I reached my stop limit. Tuesday I ended up with pieces of 5 areas. This was not thought up by a person, but was organized using the Orion logarithms. It made no sense but ended up giving me my usual work load. They even cut some of my permanent area to give me stuff that I never get. It is the ultimate route buster.
Whatever happened to common sense?

Oak

Volume had been picking up in my small center, until this week. We lost our largest shipper. Approximately a third of our outbound volume. Airs, lots of internationals.

We also lost their deliveries. Everyday we had a TP 60 going to them. Now it's down to a small bulk stop.

Will this company ever learn? Everyday we were the last shipper to deliver there.

Dr.Brownz

We had a big :censored2: you friday yesterday. Almost every driver over 9.5 with routes cut and by "cut route" they mean they just had a guy do a route then go take the truck they "cut" on road with the same bussiness's that have been getting early deliveries forever. I had to listen to 23 bussiness stops in a row saying some variation of "you are here earlier usually" some were pretty pissed to be getting their stuff at 4:30 when the usual time was 10am.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Is there ANY chance at all that perhaps our managers are looking at our delivery situations inside out. Several of you including myself must remember when we could make deliveries within a 15 to 30 minute window everyday on our own. Now we are REQUIRED to maintain this 15 minute plus/minus pickup window. Which one does the customer appreciate more? To be certain if they are going to get crappy delivery service then WHY NOT? choose any cheaper shipper.

I have noticed two additional fedex ground trucks on my end of town just this year. Confirmed this the other day when i managed to talk to one of their guys the other day. Just remember Atlanta: Those were our boxes! And i'm working harder than ever to keep up with a daily dispatch that is only satisfying our internal customers (i.e.) and not the customers who we bill for the service.