Rear-Ended

MassWineGuy

It’s been over two weeks since it happened. My manager turned in all the paperwork with my statement. She told me there was no possible way that I could have avoided it. When I told another manager that I was hit from behind he said “Another win for FedEx.”

I still have not seen anything official on paper, which is what I need to see and have in hand. The other driver’s insurance company told me he hadn’t yet filed a claim. Since he had an expired registration, I doubt he will.

falcon back

It’s been over two weeks since it happened. My manager turned in all the paperwork with my statement. She told me there was no possible way that I could have avoided it. When I told another manager that I was hit from behind he said “Another win for FedEx.”

I still have not seen anything official on paper, which is what I need to see and have in hand. The other driver’s insurance company told me he hadn’t yet filed a claim. Since he had an expired registration, I doubt he will.
Expired registration is no reason to not make an insurance claim. It has nothing to do with fault or anything to do with the accident. The person simply didnt renew their tags.

MassWineGuy

It seems that he did file a claim against us. I had to speak with the company handling FedEx claims. He told them that I didn’t yield when he was passing me. So he admitted to passing illegally in a no passing zone.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Heard from the claims examiner. They denied the guy’s claim. Duh!
Oh man, you should hear some of the stuff they have to listen to. People see deep pockets and swing for the fences.

The funny part is that some people will have a legit claims that get denied because they lie and try to get more than they are entitled to get. I've heard quite a few but the only one I remember enough of was when a courier backed into something in a guy's driveway after dark. It was one of those deals where he didn't do $100 in damage, but you give the guy $100 (which he pockets and doesn't use to fix the damage) and everyone goes on their merry way.

Idiot accuses the courier of backing into his car and doing nearly $1000 in damage. There was no damage to the couier's van that was consistent with the damage to the car and it was obvious what was going on. The company handling the claim denied it. The courier admitted to the damage he did and the idiot didn't include that in his claim. Cost himself a hundred bucks.

MassWineGuy

Yes. People see FedEx or UPS on a vehicle and they see $$. I didn’t believe it when a UPS driver first told me, but after being on the road awhile I absolutely know that sometimes drivers ahead of me will make sudden stops hoping I’ll hit them. Keeping good distance is vital.

In my case the driver had to have either rear ended me or, as he admitted, tried passing me illegally.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes. People see FedEx or UPS on a vehicle and they see $$. I didn’t believe it when a UPS driver first told me, but after being on the road awhile I absolutely know that sometimes drivers ahead of me will make sudden stops hoping I’ll hit them. Keeping good distance is vital.

In my case the driver had to have either rear ended me or, as he admitted, tried passing me illegally.

Dano is an expert on being rear-ended, so he is providing you sage advice.