Reattempting a delivery...

NedFlanders

Im a new driver with a couple questions..

I had a business stop that was a not-in1 in the morning and decided to swing back there on the way in. I got a signature and delivered it. Does this now count as 2 stops? When i went into "edit" mode the NI1 was still listed as a stop, thus making 2 stops.

Another question..
I had an apartment package that had a No Such Apt#. I wasnt sure what to put because the address was correct and was afraid to put no such #. Also afraid to put need apt # because there was one on there just not a correct one. I put "other" and typed in "no such apt #".

I then went into the summary and it listed this as a "missed" stop. I was scared about that, so just voided it and put it as a "no such #"

So now this package counts as 2 stops. The one i voided was 1 stop and the new one was another stop. So any voided stops count as a stop???
I void a lot of stops sometimes, so that seems wierd.

thanks for any help. that might be a little confusing lol

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
Question 1: Don't edit and void.Hit the duplicate stop key.This prevents the diad from counting another stop.
Question 2: If there is no Apt # or the wrong Apt # still use the get apt # key.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
We don't get credit for another stop in our center for making reattempts. Thats one reason I don't do it unless directed to. Then I take another stop for it. As for the apartment I would have just sheeted it as "no such person" at that address. Our center manager requires us to message in on any packages that are missing apt. numbers or bad addresses. The OMS looks them up on the pc and sends back a good address if she finds it.

NedFlanders

if you dont get credit for another stop, then how do you sheet it up??

i went back there, scanned/delievered it and it is now 2 stops. Am i doing something wrong?

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
if you dont get credit for another stop, then how do you sheet it up??

i went back there, scanned/delievered it and it is now 2 stops. Am i doing something wrong?
Your not paying attention to what we are saying.You are not entitled to take credit for a re-attempt.If you are re-attempting a delivery later in the day:
1-Sheet and scan the package.
2- In the address field move the cursor to the room or floor section.Hit the DUP key.You will see DUP pop up under the room field.
3-Deliver the pkg and hit stop complete.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
That is right you get no credit for a reattempt, unless they order you to re attempt it. If i am forced to I ask for permission for a second stop. If given the choice unless I know its important I say No.

Griff

Ask your management team, don't go by anything anyone says here. This is UPS, certain rules are enforced in certain locations and only on certain people. The policy book at UPS changes like the wind, so the best bet is to specifically ask these types of questions to the people who will end up disciplining you. It will sound a lot better when you tell so and so that you were instructed to do this by your management team rather than "some people on brown cafe".

Griff has given you the correct answer, with one exception I would take. Don't ask anyone other than your center manager, HIS opinion is the only one that really counts.

Oh, BTW. In my board you can void a stop by voiding all packages under that stop, then it removes it from your stop count total. I'm not saying to do that, just what the results are.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is the procedure that they want us to follow in my center if you are able to redeliver a stop--go in to the first attempt, void all pkg(s) and then void the stop. However, be careful if there are any premium pkgs as voiding them will may cause the redelivery to show a late delivery of these products. I normally just use duplicate stop as it is a more accurate record and I am not padding stops. I hate send agains so I do all that I can to swing back and try to get rid of them later in the day. My route allows me to do this as I basically repeat the same loop twice during the day, once for deliveries and second for pickups.

JustTired

free at last.......
And the customer has the package & you don't have to deliver it tomorrow! Who cares about the numbers!

Bingo!

This is what is important. Anybody with half a brain knows that. Of course, that may not be the case from a company perspective.

If you ask your center manager what the proper procedure is....don't expect an answer until he has checked with his boss, who will have to check with their boss, etc.

That's just Micromanagement 101..:wink2:

upsdude

If you ask your center manager what the proper procedure is....don't expect an answer until he has checked with his boss, who will have to check with their boss, etc.

That's just Micromanagement 101..:wink2:

..............and the next day he will have to check all over again!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And the customer has the package & you don't have to deliver it tomorrow! Who cares about the numbers!
I agree about the numbers but mostly about how long it will take me to pull and if I could for once get home before dark, for just a smidgen of light. Instead of them getting their QVC or Phone.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Hey Tooner, in your delivery area I wouldn't make an extra attempt either. I've delivered some of those areas that you wanted to be done before noon for your own good.