rebates suck

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I do most of my big box shopping at Menards now (I don't think they are a national chain) . I've never had any problems with their rebates.
We have them here in WY but the rebate program sucks because you only get a card from them that has to be used in store.

rod

Retired 22 years
Home Depot does give a 10% discount on all non-sale items to Veterans. Some stores offer it to all Vets and some only to disabled Vets.

rod

Retired 22 years
We have them here in WY but the rebate program sucks because you only get a card from them that has to be used in store.
That's ok by me ---its better than not getting a rebate at all and as far as I know the rebate coupons are good for ever.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think rebate offerers make the offers a little difficult in the hope you'll do something wrong so they don't have to pay.

Is that receipt a copy? No rebate!

You didn't include the original barcode? No rebate!

No self addressed stamped envelope? No rebate!

So anyhow Rod, what reason did they give you for not honoring the rebate?
This is exactly how Medicare works for doctors.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
For about the 5th time this year I'm getting static on trying to collect on a simple rebate. This time its from Home Depot for a Behr paint product I used on my deck. Its a stupid $5 dollar a gallon rebate that will end up causing me to never buy another Behr product again and seriously concider never shopping at Home Depot again. I read an artical on the internet just the other day about how the name of the game for all these rebate companies is to see what they can do to make a customer give up on trying to collect on one. I don't go out of my way to buy something just because a rebate is offered but if one is I will send it in. The last one I got burned on was a $50.00 one for a new cell phone. Anyone else have horror stories when it comes to rebates?:angry: Sunday I will go to Home Depot and tell them what I think about Behr products and I'm sure they will act concerned ----but it will just be an act.:sad-little:
I did that. :censored2: started peeling off after a year! It was not cheap. About $200 for a 5 gallon pail.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Home Depot is generally a PITA. We very rarely go there anymore.
We did get about 6-7 HD credit cards when they were offering I think $25 off right away at the checkout if you applied. Did that every time and immediately cancelled card.

I told them I was gonna do it. The cashiers didnt care. They got some kind of bonus for signing up people.

Rebates? forgetaboutit............some kind of scam.

I would use the paint. Fill it up with junk paint and bring back for refund.

That'll learn them.