Recent Retirees - Tell current Drivers about your Retirement and Plans (on Topic)

Retiring at 70? Props to you but I think if most people waited until 70 to retire from ups, they'd be either dead or close to it after retirement. I don't how you do it but good luck that ten years goes quick.

If I'm not out by 58 with good financial planning and such, then I have nothing to be mad at but myself. So much more to life out there than UPS.

I plan on living for all of it.
Joking about the 10 more years to go line. Maybe next year. It is a lot easier to stay when you know you can leave anytime you choose.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
How do you know what others drivers have in there savings. I'm in that over 55 group and have kept my business to myself.. I may act poor but am in good shape. You cant judge by what you dont know.. On the other hand, you are very wise to max your roth and 401 k..
Because they simply say, "I wish I could leave but I don't know if the pension will be enough" Or "I can't save money right now, I got a family to take are of" meanwhile they take dead days. Another interesting fact is when management terminates guys they are begging to come back because they can't go longer than 2 weeks without a check, not only effecting our union strength, but also their retirement.

It's an endless circle of
I hate it here, I can't quit
I'll take a no pay and go home because I hate it here
I have to work 2 days this week because mortgage is due, I still hate it here.
Bills are paid, I'll take a day off
I can't save money because I have bills
I can't retire because I have no money
I hate it here and I have no money, it's too late so I succumb to working here
Since I've succumb, I'll just get by on what I need to make the bills from now on
I hate it here, I can't quit