Receptionist told me she called complaint on other driver..lol

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Conversely, if you don't see Joe sitting at his desk, shouting out "Hey, Joe" would attract his attention and expedite the delivery (unless, of course, he has a dog.......)
If Joe isn't at his desk, he is either working on a car or in the bathroom taking a dump. Either way, he needs to wash his hands before signing the DIAD, so I will give his dog a biscuit and wait for a minute or two until he is ready to sign. No hollering required.

Those are the a-holes who consider themselves too important to sign. If there is nobody else in the office they will expect you to wait while they call someone else to come sign. Instead of just signing for it themselves.
Or the dick heads who refuse to sign...but wanna open all the stuff. Or some cash register jockey who has to call a manager to sign for a package...wait...they let u run the cash register but u can't sign for this poster that you are just gonna throw in the garbage?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why are you guys all so sensitive about profanity? We are truck drivers. Every morning at my center there is swearing and vulgar sexual comments/motions. Hell one morning a dude got down to his boxers and told the supervisor he had a package for him!

Why do you let what you do for a living define you as a person?

oldngray

nowhere special
Or the dick heads who refuse to sign...but wanna open all the stuff. Or some cash register jockey who has to call a manager to sign for a package...wait...they let u run the cash register but u can't sign for this poster that you are just gonna throw in the garbage?

And the manager will be in the back and too busy to come up to the register when called.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If Joe isn't at his desk, he is either working on a car or in the bathroom taking a dump. Either way, he needs to wash his hands before signing the DIAD, so I will give his dog a biscuit and wait for a minute or two until he is ready to sign. No hollering required.

If I am in a garage or other area where the consignee has grease all over his hands I will be more than happy to sign for them.

1-2 minutes here, 1-2 minutes there adds up to the 30-60 minutes that I know I could cut off of your paid day.

When I have been delivering parts to Joe at Joe's garage every day for the last 20 years, there isn't any point in hollering out "hello UPS" when I walk in there. Joe is either sitting behind his desk or crawling around under the hood of a car, and either way he isn't going to leap to his feet and come running over to me to sign for his package. For the most part I agree that we need to follow the methods but not to the point of making asses of ourselves in front of customers we have known for years.
Soft key Signed Delivery Notice ... type in JOE .... MCM .... stop complete. 2.Commercial

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If I am in a garage or other area where the consignee has grease all over his hands I will be more than happy to sign for them.

1-2 minutes here, 1-2 minutes there adds up to the 30-60 minutes that I know I could cut off of your paid day.
Good for you.

I must have missed the part in my training where they said it was OK to sign for customer's packages.

For now at least, I think I will just continue taking that extra 30-60 minutes a day that you say I am "wasting" in order to let the customers sign for their own packages. Call me weird but that just seems like a better choice for me.

rod

Retired 22 years

The BOG is an amazing place. The drivers are even allowed to forge signatures. I wonder if corporate knows what goes on in the BOG?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good for you.

I must have missed the part in my training where they said it was OK to sign for customer's packages.

For now at least, I think I will just continue taking that extra 30-60 minutes a day that you say I am "wasting" in order to let the customers sign for their own packages. Call me weird but that just seems like a better choice for me.

Customers with grease on their hands appreciate that I don't make them stop what they are doing and wipe off/wash their hands before signing the DIAD.