Receptionist told me she called complaint on other driver..lol

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Just don't do it in a funeral home or church.
I had a delivery for a small funeral home. Went in the front door, which was unlocked. announced I was here, no answer. Just to the right of the offices was a room full of chairs where they have services. Yes, there was an occupied casket down front. Creeped me out. I was about to turn and leave when I noticed there was a desk sitting in the corner and there was a guy sitting at the desk with his head down on the desk. Looked like he was taking a nap. I HOPED he was taking a nap. This wasn't in the best part of town. I went over to him and spoke in a normal voice. No movement. I grabbed the guy's arm and shook it. He came up out of that chair like a rocket. I scared him and he scared me. I bet he didn't take naps on the job after that. Glad to get out of that place.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You should start delivering to that office at 4:59pm for about a month or so, just to punish them for calling in a stupid complaint.

If not, they may not learn their lesson to not call in stupid complaints.

It's not a stupid complaint. While I do agree that the driver went above and beyond there are certain areas that are off limits and the CEO's office would most surely be one of those areas.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LOL I love how you send me a PM and then don't accept them yourself

Are you a wannbe mod now?

I sent you a PM to let you know how I felt about your use of profanity and did not care to hear your response.

I also reported your repeated use of that same profanity in successive posts.

Is your vocabulary so limited that you have to use profanity to express your thoughts?

oldngray

nowhere special
It's not a stupid complaint. While I do agree that the driver went above and beyond there are certain areas that are off limits and the CEO's office would most surely be one of those areas.

If the CEO's office was behind the receptionist desk I would have no problem with knocking on his door or standing in the doorway and asking him to sign. Barging into his office would be wrong but in no way would I consider him too important to bother about signing. Very likely he might not like it and chew out his underlings who weren't where they were supposed to be. It does depend on the company though. Some places I knew and talked to the big shots frequently but others they considered themselves too good to associate with the peasants.

Packmule

Use a bit of discretion on this, but I drive right past no trespassing signs all day. If they really don't want me in back offices, then make it a policy to keep the reception area manned at all times.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Use a bit of discretion on this, but I drive right past no trespassing signs all day. If they really don't want me in back offices, then make it a policy to keep the reception area manned at all times.

When I had my country run I would also drive by those signs. My head would be on a swivel until I got back on to the main road.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Typically, if someone is conversing with customers or clients I will stand quietly for a few moments until I am acknowledged. I do not barge right up and interject myself into a conversation asking for a signature.....though people know that is what I am there for.

A few years ago, the sales manager of an RV lot was in his office talking with a couple. He is the only one in the building. I stand in the doorway waiting for him to make eye contact with me. I wait a few minutes. He knows that I am there. I wait a few more minutes. And then he rudely waves me over saying that he is with customers and does not have time for this. Cursing me out.....IN FRONT OF HIS CUSTOMERS.

He then calls my then supervisor and proceeds to tell him how rude I was to interrupt him.

He no longer works at RV LOT...OOB. I see him around and pass him on the street. He may or may not remember how he treated me but I do. He may have taught me a valuable lesson that day. I give people 2 minutes to pay attention to me. If not in that time then they get there package the next day.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
"Excuse sir, I am sorry to bother you, would you please sign for this package?"

He did not like me standing there quietly. You don't think he would have reacted any differently if I were vocal. The issue was not me. The issue is the way that he chose to react to my need for a signature for a package that HE ordered. If he had not ordered the package I would not have needed a signature. He started it.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
To me, hollering "UPS" is way more rude than walking past the secretary's desk or into the back room looking for someone to sign.
Yeah in seemingly empty offices or places of business, the dust bunnies will find it rude if you politely declare "UPS!". Sure. :D

That was a strange post, created simply to disagree with something I said. Ideally it could make sense, but In practice, your point made zero sense.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Having a package to deliver means I have a legitimate reason to be on the property, therefore I am not "trespassing". Probably half the rural customers on my route have "no trespassing" signs mounted someplace, but they don't apply to me. Same thing with indoor signs saying "employees only" or "authorized personnel only." Guess what...I am authorized.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"Hello, UPS"

"oh be right there, i'm in the back"

Saves me twenty steps in the wrong direction away from the package car, and going some place I really shouldn't and don't want to be going anyway.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"Hello, UPS"

"oh be right there, i'm in the back"

Saves me twenty steps in the wrong direction away from the package car, and going some place I really shouldn't and don't want to be going anyway.
OK, I see your point and you are correct.

We had a supervisor here for awhile who was a fanatic Methods Nazi. He believed we should be continually blaring the horn at every stop and hollering out "UPS" the moment we walked into the door or stepped onto the dock of a business....even if employees or customers were standing right there or if we knew right where to go to obtain a signature. There is a professional way to attract attention and an appropriate time, place and manner for doing so.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
OK, I see your point and you are correct.

We had a supervisor here for awhile who was a fanatic Methods Nazi. He believed we should be continually blaring the horn at every stop and hollering out "UPS" the moment we walked into the door or stepped onto the dock of a business....even if employees or customers were standing right there or if we knew right where to go to obtain a signature. There is a professional way to attract attention and an appropriate time, place and manner for doing so.
Yeah, there is a point where it is unprofessional and ridiculous. I think UPS methods are a fine starting point, but it's ridiculous to think a driver can holler UPS at every stop and beep every stop. That is not normal behavior, no matter what the "method nazi" wants to instill.

If I need a sig on a NDA housecall, yes I'm going to beep and ring bell and holler UPS.
If it's an Avon or QVC delivery in a cozy neighborhood, I'm going to DR ring bell and be gone. No hollering or hooting.

Obviously common sense should always apply, well obvious to MOST anyway.

reginald95

I've gone into back offices of medical buildings where people are recovering from surgery or getting dental work done. Gone into the back offices of banks behind the counters where bank tellers are taking customers. If they tell me I can't go back there I drop their heavy ass boxes right in front of them and ask for a signature and walk away. You won't believe how quick people change their mind when they realize they have to lug those heavy boxes themselves.