Rehab and UPS!

Box Ox

UPSluts found out that i was on methadone now they want me to go to rehab before i can return to work.

I've been on methadone for almost 2yrs so basically I'm in a treatment program.

When people say they’re “basically” anything, it tends to mean they’re really not but will try to argue that they are.

Is the problem that UPS believes that your methadone intake is just more usage and not a legitimate course of treatment? Maybe they’re right.

Integrity

Binge Poster
UPSluts found out that i was on methadone now they want me to go to rehab before i can return to work. it was not by drug test or by being visibly intoxicated. I've been on methadone for almost 2yrs so basically I'm in a treatment program. I've got to go and sit and talk with the D@cks Monday morning. I'm on preload so I don't drive. I'm in the Union.. Should I have a steward present and anything else I can be prepared with would be greatly appreciated right now.

I did a search an read a lot of old post but couldn't find anything that addresses this situation. Sry to interrupt any trolling and fun with this BS but just in a bind.

Thanks!
Who found out?

How did they find out?

542thruNthru

When people say they’re “basically” anything, it tends to mean they’re really not but will try to argue that they are.

Is the problem that UPS believes that your methadone intake is just more usage and not a legitimate course of treatment? Maybe they’re right.

I don't do drugs and don't know much about methadone. Would someone really be on a morphine type drug for 2 years? Sounds like a problem to me.

rod

Retired 22 years
We have a methadone clinic locally. They bring those druggies in from all over northern Mn. Apparently they give them a two week supply. A couple years ago a car load of them took their 2 weeks supply all at once on their way back to Duluth and killed a couple people in a head on crash. Why the city fathers let them move to town stumps everyone.

DowntownTillman

Disco gypsy
Who found out?

How did they find out?

I told them. Regardless of if I could have avoided it.. it had gotten to the point that it was gonna come to me missing and that's not an option. I know my sup from earlier years. Our father's knew each other. This might end up being a good thing. I don't want to be on methadone anymore. But like someone said in here, it's a vicious cycle. Trading one drug for another.. taking the crutch and moving it to the other arm.

I worked through peak and it was very very hard to get up there.. they worked with me on the time but after months of this it just finally come to a head. I'm sure a lot don't get this but I do appreciate the advice.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What would you like for me to add? There's nothing special that happen that I'm leaving out. There was no accident or incident. They found out and i told them I had went through an issue after surgery and now was working on getting my life in order. With no other questions they said i would need to complete their program before returning to work.

I told them Monday I'll be at work and they said that I couldn't return to work until such and such. Im just going to be present so I can find a grievance when they won't let me work.

I guess I'm bitter. I was just being funny. Reading tone through text is a little difficult.[/

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My point is...assuming you are taking methadone that is prescribed by a doctor AND you are taking it in the prescribed amount/dosage....how would management even find out?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I told them. Regardless of if I could have avoided it.. it had gotten to the point that it was gonna come to me missing and that's not an option. I know my sup from earlier years. Our father's knew each other. This might end up being a good thing. I don't want to be on methadone anymore. But like someone said in here, it's a vicious cycle. Trading one drug for another.. taking the crutch and moving it to the other arm.

I worked through peak and it was very very hard to get up there.. they worked with me on the time but after months of this it just finally come to a head. I'm sure a lot don't get this but I do appreciate the advice.

Sounds like you need to be in treatment

rickyb

UPSluts found out that i was on methadone now they want me to go to rehab before i can return to work. it was not by drug test or by being visibly intoxicated. I've been on methadone for almost 2yrs so basically I'm in a treatment program. I've got to go and sit and talk with the D@cks Monday morning. I'm on preload so I don't drive. I'm in the Union.. Should I have a steward present and anything else I can be prepared with would be greatly appreciated right now.

I did a search an read a lot of old post but couldn't find anything that addresses this situation. Sry to interrupt any trolling and fun with this BS but just in a bind.

Thanks!
sorry to hear this, im sure UPS causes more addiction than it stops.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What would you like for me to add? There's nothing special that happen that I'm leaving out. There was no accident or incident. They found out and i told them I had went through an issue after surgery and now was working on getting my life in order. With no other questions they said i would need to complete their program before returning to work.

I told them Monday I'll be at work and they said that I couldn't return to work until such and such. Im just going to be present so I can find a grievance when they won't let me work.

I guess I'm bitter. I was just being funny. Reading tone through text is a little difficult.
You can add how what medications you are taking are none of their business and your medical information is protected by the HIPPA laws. How did they find out?

I used to work with a preloader who before he started at ups was in an outpatient drug program and while he started working at ups was still being prescribed suboxone. He didn’t have to do their rehab program. Did you tell management you have a drug problem?

rickyb

Thanks!
look up teh publication "worst pills, best pills" or something like that its done by a friend of ralph nader.

alot of dangerous drugs on the market that should be banned