Rehire question

huskres

Worked at UPS as a loader for a few months several years back but ended up quitting because I couldn’t do both of my jobs with a baby on the way. Looks like they have an off the street position posted where I am at for a driver. Any chance on getting rehired? I have 16 years of route/commercial driving experience and no accidents.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Worked at UPS as a loader for a few months several years back but ended up quitting because I couldn’t do both of my jobs with a baby on the way. Looks like they have an off the street position posted where I am at for a driver. Any chance on getting rehired? I have 16 years of route/commercial driving experience and no accidents.
Depends on if you ended up on the no rehire list.
I know guys who've come back, and others who've tried, but couldn't.

Did you leave on good terms/give notice, no tantrums, etc...?

I'd apply. Worst case scenario they say no, right?

huskres

Depends on if you ended up on the no rehire list.
I know guys who've come back, and others who've tried, but couldn't.

Did you leave on good terms/give notice, no tantrums, etc...?

I'd apply. Worst case scenario they say no, right?

I didn’t give two weeks notice. They moved start time up to 1 or 2am and I wasn’t getting off of work at my other job until 8 at night and starting that as soon as I left work at UPS. I talked to the supervisor about it plus my wife having to go to the dr several times for false labor.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
So, you couldn’t cut it inside the hub PART time... Now you expect to get on the fast track to becoming a FULL-time driver? FOH buddy :batman2: Earn some seniority k thanks for playing bye.

huskres

So, you couldn’t cut it inside the hub PART time... Now you expect to get on the fast track to becoming a FULL-time driver? FOH buddy :batman2: Earn some seniority k thanks for playing bye.

I could cut it perfectly fine inside the building but I couldn’t give up my full time job that paid the bills for a part time one that paid 8 bucks an hour. Full time job paid the bills. UPS was just extra. My normal ft gig was a cdl position and I couldn’t do 18 hour days between the two.

rod

Retired 22 years
I didn’t walk out. I had a conversation with my full time sup.
So was your FT sup ok with you not giving a 2 week notice? Even more important was your center manager? - he would probably be the one who determines if you went on the no rehire list.

huskres

So was your FT sup ok with you not giving a 2 week notice? Even more important was your center manager? - he would probably be the one who determines if you went on the no rehire list.

Yup. The ft sup was cool and understanding about the situation. I couldnt change a start time from 4am to 1-2am. Just too many hours and not safe to operate my truck at the other job. I never met the center manager either.

huskres

I joined back when I was at Fedex ground. Worked for a contractor for 5 years then was a contractor for a few. Got a great offer and sold out. What’s so unbelievable about that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
ZybrvPi6FtNN.gif