Religious Holidays

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
He wants a shave waiver next...
Funny thing you mention that. There is a no facial hair policy for supes at SDF. We have a tranny supe that wants to be a dude. The no facial hair rule doesn't apply to her, I mean him, ERRR, I mean it. So a few supes got dermatologist notes. The supes don't win much but I am glad they shoved that :censored2: right back in their face.

john chesney

As part of my religion I have to travel to attend in the observance of one of our holy days. Its a week long where we gather called the Festival of Sukkot or feast of tabernacles. Now I am Jewish, will this be excused and covered via Title VII the 1964 Civil Rights Act? I even read an article where some years back a UPS employee was I believe fired for religious practices and then sued and he won. I'm not expected paid time off, but will I be able to get off at all?
Be careful or you might have a lot more time off to practice your religion then you expected

22.34life

Give me a break dude,a week off for religious purposes,please.pick one,ur God or ur job.but I guess if u get fired u could always pray for God to provide.lmao

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
My family used to observe the Feast of Tabernacles when I was young. And no, we weren’t Jewish.
Some Christian churches observe Jewish holidays or Gods laws. I've been I guess you could say persecuted my whole life. During school when we would do Christmas related stuff and I told them I couldn't they'd question me like I was a weirdo. Football was hard too, because id have to be gone for a week during season. Id be knocked down to second string for a few games as punishment.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
"Religious discrimination by employers can have legal consequences. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and many state constitutions require employers to accommodate an employee’s religious beliefs. Generally, an employer is required to make reasonable accommodations for an employee to observe their religious practices.

The most common accommodation is granting an employee time off to observe a religious holiday. Depending on the situation, employees may or may not be paid for taking time off from work to observe a religious holiday. There are also some situations where an employer can refuse an employee’s request for time off.

Can Employers Refuse an Employee's Request to Observe a Religious Holiday?

In order to legally refuse an employee's request, an employer must show that they could not reasonably accommodate the employee without causing “undue hardship” to the business. Proving undue hardship requires an employer to show that the request would impose more than a minimal burden on operation of the business. This can be found if the request:

• Is costly;
  • Threatens workplace safety;
  • Decreases efficiency;
  • Violates the rights of other employees; and/or
  • Places a greater burden on other employees.
Any other criteria relevant to the individual situation may be considered as well."

Employee Religious Holidays | LegalMatch Law Library

Also I appreciate serious answers like yours. Some people are religious some aren't. I'm not saying I'm better for being so than those that aren't but no reason to mock one for trying to adhere to their beliefs. It's not like I'm just trying to get a week off for the hell of it to skip work. As I said in one post I had to deal with consequences my whole life for doing this, punished in football by taking off starting teams for awhile. It would be easy for me to just say screw it and not observe but my personal beliefs are important to me. If I have to and it comes down to where I have to choose have a job or get off i'd have to choose the job and that'll be between me and God.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Some Christian churches observe Jewish holidays or Gods laws. I've been I guess you could say persecuted my whole life. During school when we would do Christmas related stuff and I told them I couldn't they'd question me like I was a weirdo. Football was hard too, because id have to be gone for a week during season. Id be knocked down to second string for a few games as punishment.
Yeah, the church I belonged to observed a lot of the same holidays as the Jewish. We also didn’t celebrate, Christmas, Halloween or Easter. I remember leaving the class room when they had Christmas parties and being so envious of the other kids after Christmas, Halloween and Easter because they got presents and lots of candy. Lol.