Remember this feeling when contract time comes

• Thread starter thisjobaintforeverybody
  • Start date
T

thisjobaintforeverybody

True Gumby... and the employees like us who are the most vocal about everything being decent are the ones going to be making the biggest fuss....I’ve said this before... I want ups to be very profitable, but they need to share “some” of this with their employees....and attitude towards their employees is a huge part of it and the last few years they have been doing a very poor job in the employee relations Dept!!!!

That's not changing if anything it's going to get worse!

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

They were with fedex for a decade... if fedex were that bad they would have came back to ups sooner... and I have been ordering quite a few pkgs the last couple weeks from fedex, usps and ups, and guess which carrier is the only one who has rolled my packages ....(I’ll give you a hint.... they drive brown trucks...)

If they had our volume they would be worse!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
@Bubblehead I enjoy your perspective. You gave me an X, and that’s fine. You don’t think the company is more prepared to deal with a strike than they were in 97? Why?
Liability.
The Company has no paper trail on a replacement scab.

The talent pool is shallow.

The "X" may have been harsh, as technology certainly creates that illusion.

But the truth still remains, this job isn't for everyone....

....and we still have power in solidarity.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Liability.

Hey brother, I just wanted an explanation. It’s all good. The red x is just fine. Lol. It’s the internet. I hope you’re right and I’m wrong.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes and yes, but the more grievances this close to contract negotiations can’t hurt. Members voicing their displeasure all over the internet doesn’t hurt, but grievances cost the company a set dollar figure, and also show the members don’t like the 70 hour rule.
Where have you been??? Taking a break from here???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Liability.

The unemployment rate is very low right now... good luck getting 100,000 people in here who are drug free and somewhat athletic to work 10-11 hour days... and who can speak at least broken English and have somewhat decent customer relationship skills...and who can drive a larger vehicle...then you have the problem of training them up in a very short amount of time....and if you could do all of this then you need them to stay an extended period of time.... and then how would they react when the customers want their regular driver back (like in 97’) and give all sorts of problems to these scabs??? This could be a monumental task....

Last edited:

HereWeGoAgain

How about langauge paying us penalty pay after working 60 hours during peak? Maybe UPS might have more incentive to staff peak properly. Wont happen but its a thought

Coldworld

60 months and counting
How about langauge paying us penalty pay after working 60 hours during peak? Maybe UPS might have more incentive to staff peak properly. Wont happen but its a thought
Backlash and pressure from shippers are going to be ups’ reasons for staffing the operations properly...