remote delivery plan is coming

Big Babooba

the decision on which packages were to be remoted could not be done by EDD in our center. They can't even get the LD correct much less anything like remotes. If they put it in again, the cars will be loaded as they are now and the driver will have to decide what to remote. Someone mentioned Clustersomething....they're %100 correct.
Once again the responsibility and blame will fall on the driver.

What'dyabringmetoday???

If you wait a short period of time, you will see a post by UpstateNYUPSer.

What's this signature supposed to mean? Aren't we supposed to make posts on here? Isn't that how forum's work? I mean, you may not have anything pertinent to say, but upstate has a huge background, that covers many areas of knowledge. Should upstate squelch his wisdom, when he has an obviously relevant point to make? I understand that you have dislike for this brother, but this brother has quite the head on his shoulders. JMHO, as always.
Sorry. I will try to look up to Upstate in awe from now on and put his vast knowledge to use on the job. Before I make a delivery, I will log on and see what Upstate would do. Lord knows he will probably be on here posting something. Just an internet forum-try not to to take things so seriously.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Sorry. I will try to look up to Upstate in awe from now on and put his vast knowledge to use on the job. Before I make a delivery, I will log on and see what Upstate would do. Lord knows he will probably be on here posting something. Just an internet forum-try not to to take things so seriously.

Isn't that what you're doing? Why bother, isn't it more energy spent doing what you're doing, instead of just saying, whatever?

tunemixer

I think UPS could do something similar to what the PO does. They have regular ground service or priority ground mail. NOT air service.
UPS could offer this to the customer that isn't in any hurry to get their package. It would a cheaper way to get a delivery.Somebody like me that lives in Vermont getting a package from Boston is normally 2 days ground. But with a new remote it would 3-4 days.They could basically add a day or two to the service.
I am a high mileage driver. 200 miles a day. I usually do 85-95 stops a day Tues -Fri. On Mondays they cut routes. I pick up a section of a cut route on my way out. This adds typically 15-18 stops to my day.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You guys are forgetting. All the PDS has to do is check the non-premium box in PAS assign it to CLO/FUT/REMOTE trailer/package car in that days plan and bingo you will not see the package that day. How do you think one route gets the premium packages now but not the ground deliveries. Remote deliveries would be a lot easier to do now compared to the 1990's no driver help needed.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
Last time they did this Farmers, ranchers, , logging companies and other bussiness ilke these were not considered a business in UPS's eyes. Try telling this to someone after a part that was needed a day or two ago sat in the center. Because they don't have posted hours or a cash register. Many of these employ their familys and others who work for them. They depend on us to keep their buisness running. UPS also needs to consider the shipper who is told not to send it UPS because they will just hold it enough times before they find another carrier to provide the service that they need. It was a very bad plan last time and I would hope that they would learn from the past.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Last time they did this Farmers, ranchers, , logging companies and other bussiness ilke these were not considered a business in UPS's eyes. Try telling this to someone after a part that was needed a day or two ago sat in the center. Because they don't have posted hours or a cash register. Many of these employ their familys and others who work for them. They depend on us to keep their buisness running. UPS also needs to consider the shipper who is told not to send it UPS because they will just hold it enough times before they find another carrier to provide the service that they need. It was a very bad plan last time and I would hope that they would learn from the past.

That's a heckuva point, OBS.