Remote Delivery

trickpony1

Is he Vietnamese? I would imagine all my illegitimate kids have slant eyes.

...but then you came back stateside, started a career with an honorable company and were subjected daily to beautiful, lonely women....so there's a chance Inde is your love child?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
We didn't have it because we live in civilization out here.

AE272B61-280C-407F-B31E-E90499B770A8.jpeg

Huh!!

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I refused to use it. If they loaded it, I delivered it. Center manager finally started having the preload pull stops before I got there. Of course since my route was mostly rural, they wound up pulling stops next to each other. Never saved them any miles on my route.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I refused to use it. If they loaded it, I delivered it. Center manager finally started having the preload pull stops before I got there. Of course since my route was mostly rural, they wound up pulling stops next to each other. Never saved them any miles on my route.
That's what they eventually did in our center. Seems like that time frame was when service started taking a back seat to nearly everything else. Also about when IE took over on making all the decisions in the center's operation.

KoennenTiger

Sir and here I am worried that if I flag a business stop closed holiday they will pull every single stop from all 16 floors of that building.

They don't save any miles when they do that either.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Sir and here I am worried that if I flag a business stop closed holiday they will pull every single stop from all 16 floors of that building.

They don't save any miles when they do that either.
We have more known closed residentials than commercial stops on those days. It's a freakin circus in my center around holidays. If you tell mgmt a certain business is closed the Friday after a holiday, it automatically gets held every Friday until the end of time. And they wonder why we don't tell them chit.

KoennenTiger

We have more known closed residentials than commercial stops on those days. It's a freakin circus in my center around holidays. If you tell mgmt a certain business is closed the Friday after a holiday, it automatically gets held every Friday until the end of time. And they wonder why we don't tell them chit.

It has been quite different over here. For years I made these lists and nothing was done at all. I learned of course. Don't bother.

Then I get a new center mngmt and yeah you know what he's a guy who gets :censored2: done. My last center mngr held a meeting where she basically begged us to follow her Twitter.

She got "promoted" from ops to ie.

Operations you guys need need NEED to take over this *

Twitter likes and more fake book isn't going to stop the two, two!!!, businesses who will no longer use us for air just in my pu area. They only use us for ground now.

Corporate of course is a sick cancer, who believes their own Kool aid. How are morons who believe fakery, going to lead our company into the future?

They actually think all the methods work. Because they are told they work and they are far too stupid to not pay fifty million dollars to build a building that simply does not work

Last edited by a moderator:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Yep, you would flag stops to do them tomorrow. Trouble was you usually drove right past due to air or something else. It saved zero miles.
And when mgmnt said you need 5 remotes today, you just skipped 5 JC Penny bags as you went by on the same road. The technology exists today to skip the stops and offer the consignee a discount for waiting a day or two. I see it coming back.

oldupsman

I refused too. They actually threatened me with disciplinary action if I didn't start using remote.
I said go ahead. I can see the headline in the Wall Street Journal. UPS man fired for delivering
packages on time. They decided to just leave me alone.

It had to be one of the most stupid corporate decisions of all time.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I refused too. They actually threatened me with disciplinary action if I didn't start using remote.
I said go ahead. I can see the headline in the Wall Street Journal. UPS man fired for delivering
packages on time. They decided to just leave me alone.

It had to be one of the most stupid corporate decisions of all time.

I loved it deliver everything Monday thru Thursday

Friday deliver only what was necessary to be off at 5