Remote

burco8080

I hate to see it happen again, but it would work better with orion dispatch would set the route and remote packages would be left in building not on truck we already have packages being delivered the following day.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I hate to see it happen again, but it would work better with orion dispatch would set the route and remote packages would be left in building not on truck we already have packages being delivered the following day.

No it won’t work better. UPS will figure out a way to bastardize it like they do everything else they touch

R1wonder

They’ve been trying to find ways to make our ground service faster the last few years . I seriously don’t think this will happen .

onewithedd

We’ve been doing it for six months now, pretty sad operation.

NDA, priority medical, nothing goes out. Very sad situation!

Even back when we tried the Rural Delivery Initiative 25 years ago we still delivered NDA and 2day to those areas

bumped

Sounds like something ups could just do without us even knowing . They could hold stuff and we wouldn’t have a clue
We won't know until we see the hold pal label under the current days pal label. It really sucks when you see a package that could have been delivered the day before, but instead was put out for delivery on a 6 inch snow day.

Doing time

In fact, one of our preloaders, who was known for stirring the pot, called the hotline on management for abusing rural remote. Told them they were abusing it and not using as intended.

DOK

Driver was telling me today that UPS bringing back remote. There is going to be 6 test centers. This should be a hard no in the contract talks.
Aren’t they already doing the concept of remote with the delayed delivery that they do where they hold packages a day if the system realizes another package is coming for the same address the following day? And also, with the technology they have now there’s no way they’re letting a driver make the decision on which packages or area to remote on particular day, imo. So they may be remoting in a sense, but it won’t look like the remote of the 90’s.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Aren’t they already doing the concept of remote with the delayed delivery that they do where they hold packages a day if the system realizes another package is coming for the same address the following day? And also, with the technology they have now there’s no way they’re letting a driver make the decision on which packages or area to remote on particular day, imo. So they may be remoting in a sense, but it won’t look like the remote of the 90’s.
Yah, I was thinking the same thing. Any given weekday our center sees a few hundred "deliver tomorrow's".
We only see them because we are a driver sort and load. I was curious if other buildings were doing the same.

ManInBrown

a/ka “Never screw the same neighborhood two days in a row!”
What’s this screw a neighborhood? Outside of a few days at peak every stop got delivered every day. When I finished my day was done. How does a neighborhood get screwed ever outside of peak or the package being misloaded on the wrong truck?

AKCoverMan

What’s this screw a neighborhood? Outside of a few days at peak every stop got delivered every day. When I finished my day was done. How does a neighborhood get screwed ever outside of peak or the package being misloaded on the wrong truck?
I was speaking of peak. When you have multiple days of more stops than hours in a row… you have to plan what neighborhood is missed today and which one will be missed tomorrow. Not a fan but sometimes is what it is. If I have to miss neighborhood today then it’s top priority tomorrow and some other neighborhood will get missed if need be. But I have to figure it out nobody else will.