Remote

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Remote+ORION+ContractNegotions+TSP= @Future

5BF6F24F-4874-4B44-9719-001E841724E9.gif

AKCoverMan

I could see it working if you had someone who knew what they were doing. My route has portions where it’s one way in and out only,,, but the roads go back into the woods and mountains for miles. Some days you get only one or two stops waaaay back in there could save half an hour if could bump those two to tomorrow and pair em up with 2-3 more stops out the same direction.

rod

Retired 22 years
I could see it working if you had someone who knew what they were doing. My route has portions where it’s one way in and out only,,, but the roads go back into the woods and mountains for miles. Some days you get only one or two stops waaaay back in there could save half an hour if could bump those two to tomorrow and pair em up with 2-3 more stops out the same direction.
Apparently you haven't been at UPS long enough to realize if management come up with one thing to "save" time they counter act it by coming up with 3 things that waste time. If they do something that makes your route easier they will fill that gap by cutting a few routes and giving you extra stops. The ONLY way to get an easier route is to work by the methods ALL the time or bid an easier route.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

That’s how it’s supposed to work

AKCoverMan

Apparently you haven't been at UPS long enough to realize if management come up with one thing to "save" time they counter act it by coming up with 3 things that waste time. If they do something that makes your route easier they will fill that gap by cutting a few routes and giving you extra stops. The ONLY way to get an easier route is to work by the methods ALL the time or bid an easier route.
No, I’m saying left to my own judgement I think I could make it save time and miles over the course of a week. I have no doubt that UPS would take such a plan and fubsr it.

AKCoverMan

That sounds terrible for customers .
I think it comes down to differentiating between a blouse from Kohls and a UPS Premier medical package. There is a difference between stuff you deliver where the cust doesn't even remember what they ordered much less what day it’s supposed to arrive vs medicine you need to start taking by tomorrow…

DOK

Driver was telling me today that UPS bringing back remote. There is going to be 6 test centers. This should be a hard no in the contract talks.
Would be shocking if they brought it back, but then again nothing is surprising. Was at the very bottom of the seniority list last time around, so it affected the number of days a week I worked.