Renegotiating with Amazon?

UPSER1987

The best way to deal with Amazon would be for all UPSers to stop going straight to Amazon whenever they get the impulse to buy some thing. And to encourage their friends and family to avoid that as well. The prime membership itself (for streaming purpose) isn’t really a bad thing, although I think most people don’t need it, but the idea that everything on Amazon is a good deal simply because you are paying the membership fee and are supposedly getting free two day delivery is simply not true. And many other shippers are offering the same thing without a membership fee.

UPSers, especially those that condone the same behavior by their friends and family, are literally cutting their own throats by using Amazon when ordering online. At least try and find your products elsewhere first. You’ll be surprised how much money you can save in the process. A minor convenience is not worth cutting your own throats. It’s something to think about. Especially when you consider that our pension fund is shrinking along with our volume.
In my area anyway, Amazon seems to offer the best cost and most reliable service. You can’t fault people for not going for the best option just because.

Overpaid Union Thug

In my area anyway, Amazon seems to offer the best cost and most reliable service. You can’t fault people for not going for the best option just because.
Most people just sign up and order away. I know there are some pockets in states where Amazon is the better option. But sometimes a simple google search can find a better deal. Having a Prime membership doesn’t mean people have to stick with Amazon for purchases every time they shop. People that do are overpaying in the long run.

FromOffTheStreets

My last 2 purchases were half the price @ my local Lowe's store compared with Amazon. It literally takes a couple minutes of research.
I will only purchase from Amazon as a last resort.
People out in the country where its easier to have it shipped rather than driving 45 minutes to a store are really where our center has blown up.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
My center hasn’t delivered any Amazon packages since last week and its great. I only hope it stays that way. Amazon agreed to stop shipping to the zip codes at my center. No one knows what is going on. The business manager said its above his pay grade, so much for partner.
At the worst we had 28 trailers full Amazon sitting at a satellite parking lot. We went from working over 60 hours with helpers, to barely 40 hours last week and todays PCM said “no more helpers after today”. I love it, i can easily go back to delivering the whole town again. Miles are smiles.