Republicans Don't Like Their Potential Choices

klein

Für Meno :)
Britain to emulate Canada's radical solution to tackle debt

Saturday 23 April 2011

George Osborne is planning to eradicate Britain's budget deficit by emulating Canada, where borrowing was brought under control within just three years by spending cuts of 20 per cent.

In 1995, Jean Chrétien, the Liberal prime minister, unveiled what became known as the "bloodbath budget", in which departmental spending was reduced by an average of 20 per cent.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Britain to emulate Canada's radical solution to tackle debt

Saturday 23 April 2011

George Osborne is planning to eradicate Britain's budget deficit by emulating Canada, where borrowing was brought under control within just three years by spending cuts of 20 per cent.

In 1995, Jean Chrétien, the Liberal prime minister, unveiled what became known as the "bloodbath budget", in which departmental spending was reduced by an average of 20 per cent.
How does this have anything to do with the thread title ??

curiousbrain

West: We need strong women to raise American men!

In this case he’s speaking at a Women Impacting Nation meeting, encouraging women to stand strong because they are essential to having a country of strong American men. He starts by using the example of the Spartans, the most feared army in ancient times.

Just FYI ... The Spartans also encouraged homosexuality among their ranks. Something to note for a Republican candidate, I would think.

brett636

I have two problems with Romney. First off he has little ground to criticize the President's healthcare law because its nearly a mirror image of the law he signed when he was Governor. Secondly Romney is not friendly toward gun owners which puts him at a severe disadvantage in my book.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Ann Romney is a Role Model.
I learned about her during the '08 election.
I recognized myself in her.
Ann-Romney.jpg

Ann Romney is a Role Model.
I learned about her during the '08 election.
I recognized myself in her.
Ann-Romney.jpg
She is a pretty lady, this is the first time I have seen her. I tend not to pay much attention to the wives or husbands of politicians although I know we should for obvious reasons. I have to say though, her obvious beauty doesn't quality her husband to be PotUS.

I really don't care that Romney is a mormon. I have never heard a mormon, a catholic, a protestant or a jew proclaim a collective desire to control and rule the world.

I do care that Romney signed in a healthcare plan for his state that was destined to fail.

We have not had a true First Lady since Jackie Kennedy; however, it matters little to me who Mrs. POTUS is.
you consider
I'm not sure what you consider as the criteria for a true First Lady. IMHO, it is a woman that exudes style and grace. She doesn't get too involved in the running of the country, yet promotes a cause without mandating behavior for acceptance of society.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

you consider
I'm not sure what you consider as the criteria for a true First Lady. IMHO, it is a woman that exudes style and grace. She doesn't get too involved in the running of the country, yet promotes a cause without mandating behavior for acceptance of society.

Exactly--and Jackie O was the most recent one to fit that description.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
She is a pretty lady, this is the first time I have seen her. I tend not to pay much attention to the wives or husbands of politicians although I know we should for obvious reasons. I have to say though, her obvious beauty doesn't quality her husband to be PotUS.

I really don't care that Romney is a mormon. I have never heard a mormon, a catholic, a protestant or a jew proclaim a collective desire to control and rule the world.

I do care that Romney signed in a healthcare plan for his state that was destined to fail.

I certainly do not endorse Mitt because of his wife, Ann.
Ann Romney will, however, continue to be a role model for me.

Mitt will need to earn my vote and his response to the healthcare plan for his state will be a determining factor.

Lue C Fur

Evil member

I agree. His "RomneyCare" is a tax nightmare just like the Messiahs and Mitt wont be able to say much about Obamacare if he is in the race. Also a BC member mentioned Romney is not to keen on Guns....So i would have to pass unless he was the only choice against the Messiah.