Requesting time off for husband?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Agreed. Seems like most of these fellas in this thread don’t appreciate their wives. Luckily my husband does so I’m sure he’d be pretty happy to hear that he doesn’t have to go to work for a week.
Its not that the fellas dont appreciate their wives, and it is a nice thing you are trying to do for him. It is just most centers are pretty brutal. If your husband has a more amiable center, then go for it. Most protect their families from having to deal with it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Agreed. Seems like most of these fellas in this thread don’t appreciate their wives. Luckily my husband does so I’m sure he’d be pretty happy to hear that he doesn’t have to go to work for a week.
With all due respect, I am certain that he would appreciate that you stay out of his work life and, if you also have a job, that he stay out of yours.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Its not that the fellas dont appreciate their wives, and it is a nice thing you are trying to do for him. It is just most centers are pretty brutal. If your husband has a more amiable center, then go for it. Most protect their families from having to deal with it.
Can you imagine the ribbing that he would get if she did make the call?

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Hello! My husband has been a UPS driver for two years. I was hoping to plan a surprise vacation for his 30th. If I call his boss/manager would they possibly allow me to request time off for him?
Thank you!!
Why don’t you just wait until he picks his vacations, find out when it is and surprise him when the time comes?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yeah this might be a better idea. Thanks
Or is he friends with any of his front line sups? Or any other drivers that could check the vacation calender? A winter vacation could be possible, it would be rare he could get a summer one. Then you would know , if it was even possible. Yes because people are mean, he may get ribbed alot. Shouldnt happen, but it does. IMHO it is not the most family friendly job.

Or is he friends with any of his front line sups? Or any other drivers that could check the vacation calender? A winter vacation could be possible, it would be rare he could get a summer one. Then you would know , if it was even possible. Yes because people are mean, he may get ribbed alot. Shouldnt happen, but it does. IMHO it is not the most family friendly job.
Nope definitely not a family friend job, I can tell by most of these comments on this thread.

Good idea, I can ask one of his buddies. It would be hopefully end of February for the vacay.