Requesting time off for husband?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not true.

I have seen(mine personally) moved. It can be done. I hurt my back(on my own time) and mgt. moved mine to the time while I recovered. Now your mileage may very.....

Request off(unpaid) is always possible and more likely than getting set vacations moved. Especially if your center is fat on staffing.

rod

Retired 22 years
Anniversaries are meaningless to most guys. Lol, oh sure, we pretend to care...
My wife and I tend to take turns forgetting our anniversary and birthdays. We quit giving each other gifts years ago so its not all that hard to do.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Year 1 - 1 week
Year 3 - 1 week 1 option
Year 5 - 2 weeks 1 option
Year 10 - 3 weeks 1 option
Year 15 - 4 weeks 1 option
Year 20 - 5 weeks 1 option
Year 25 (top out) - 6 weeks 1 option
Wow, you guys are getting screwed...lol. Here is what I had here in NorCal. I can't remember the 1 and 3 years, it's been 30+ years...lol. The wait for an additional week between year 10 and 20 was brutal. But taking those 9 weeks was just soooo satisfying!

Year 5 - 3 Weeks, 2 option
Year 10 - 4 Weeks, 2 option
Year 20 - 5 Weeks, 2 option
Year 25 - 6 Weeks, 2 option
Year 30 - 7 Weeks, 2 option (Top)

And to @beckybourbon1 His part time years do count as far as how many weeks he gets. I worked 3 years part time, and by the time I was a 2 year full time driver I was getting the 5 year vacations, in my case 5 weeks (3 regular weeks, 2 option). Well, at least that's how it worked under my contract. UPS has very different contracts depending on where you work.

Last edited:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Wow, you guys are getting screwed...lol. Here is what I had here in NorCal. I can't remember the 1 and 3 years, it's been 30+ years...lol. The wait for an additional week between year 10 and 20 was brutal. But taking those 9 weeks was just soooo satisfying!

And to @beckybourbon1 His part time years do count as far as how many weeks he gets. I worked 3 years part time, and by the time I was a 2 year full time driver I was getting the 5 year vacations, in my case 5 weeks (3 regular weeks, 2 option). Well, at least that's how it worked under my contract. UPS has very different contracts depending on where you work.
When you retire, can I have your weeks?

That’s what I thought! We’re in NorCal also.

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
Every few years, the wife will surprise me by flying out to visit her sister on a week I have scheduled off. House to myself for a week, best vacations ever!