Required 6th Day

bowhnterdon

Curious as to what supplements in other areas say about forcing 6th day. The Atlantic is a little vague. Says If the employee works a 6th day, pay is time and half. Doesn’t say if we can be forced or not. I always assumed we could, been doing it for several peaks now. What about other Supplements?

542thruNthru

Curious as to what supplements in other areas say about forcing 6th day. The Atlantic is a little vague. Says If the employee works a 6th day, pay is time and half. Doesn’t say if we can be forced or not. I always assumed we could, been doing it for several peaks now. What about other Supplements?

Call out sick. If they give you a occurrence file a grievance for not being paid your Sick day.

I called out sick every Saturday last year. They told me I can't be paid because the system won't let them pay me a sick day for my day off. Same happens with day after Thanksgiving. The system won't let them give you a sick day and pay you holiday.

We are M-friend or T-S if I come in on a 6th day it's because I want to. Don't care what they say.

Screenshot_20181115-073243.png

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Call out sick. If they give you a occurrence file a grievance for not being paid your Sick day.

I called out sick every Saturday last year. They told me I can't be paid because the system won't let them pay me a sick day for my day off. Same happens with day after Thanksgiving. The system won't let them give you a sick day and pay you holiday.

We are M-friend or T-S if I come in on a 6th day it's because I want to. Don't care what they say.

View attachment 222251
Same up here in 174. They can beg, plead and threaten all they want.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Here UPS wouldn't bother trying. I suppose other regions and supplements may have some wiggle room, though. Our weeks are defined as five (5) consecutive days, M-friend T-S S-T etc.

DirtySouth

"If an employee is required"???

I still contend that they need to be properly scheduled, per Article 12.

Proper scheduling is the best way to gig management on this; unfortunately the Atlantic Area gave up further scheduling flexibility to the company in the last supplemental negotiations.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
The south says a workweek is 5 consecutive days. They tried to discipline me last year.... hahahahaha ya ok.
We were told yesterday that we will be working all the Sat in December up to Christmas
If you decide not to come in your route will be rough on Monday
No threats this year of" having"to work 5 or 6 hours on Sat at $54 an hour is not the end of the world

Indecisi0n

We were told yesterday that we will be working all the Sat in December up to Christmas
If you decide not to come in your route will be rough on Monday
No threats this year of" having"to work 5 or 6 hours on Sat at $54 an hour is not the end of the world
"If you decide not to come in your route will be rough on Monday" Drivers That come in for this reason are dum dums. If you deliver 50 stops on sat of your work then come monday those 50 will just replaced with the guys work beside you.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
We had a snow storm Thursday night, and they called an early curfew.
Yesterday we were short 11,000 pieces because of the storm. So they asked for a many people to come in today as possible so we don't get behind.

They then sent out the message for next Saturday, the 24th saying the bottom 30 + causuals (seasonals) are scheduled to work. (Like wise for Saturday guys for Monday's now)

There's an example of our being required to come in for 6th punch. And since we received a weeks notice, there's nothing can be done about it. Currently enjoying my last Saturday with my family till Scrooge day is over.

Bahumbug

We had a snow storm Thursday night, and they called an early curfew.
Yesterday we were short 11,000 pieces because of the storm. So they asked for a many people to come in today as possible so we don't get behind.

They then sent out the message for next Saturday, the 24th saying the bottom 30 + causuals (seasonals) are scheduled to work. (Like wise for Saturday guys for Monday's now)

There's an example of our being required to come in for 6th punch. And since we received a weeks notice, there's nothing can be done about it. Currently enjoying my last Saturday with my family till Scrooge day is over.

Bahumbug
They put up a list here for volunteers. If they don't get enough they force from the bottom up.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Told us yesterday in a special PCM that Black Friday and every Saturday till Christmas will be “normal” days.

We informed the center manager that they can’t force us and it’s voluntary only. He agreed and just reiterated the idea that we all are needed and anything we can offer will be great.

Bottom line is that most will work with an understanding that we all want a successful peak but when they claim they can force us, then we lose all respect.