Retaliation after 9.5 grievance

Brownsky

I filled a grievance last Monday for 9.5 violation. This is the first time I have ever filled a grievance in the 4 years I've been driving. For the last 3 1/2 years I’ve always been on routes since I know about 30 routes in our center. Magically on Tuesday after filling a grievance I was not put on anything and about 15 people with less seniority below me where working. I asked to bump and was told no bumping today. Eventually someone volunteered to go home and I ran their route. Should I have filed for retaliation? They also did the same thing another day later that week.

Dr.Brownz

I filled a grievance last Monday for 9.5 violation. This is the first time I have ever filled a grievance in the 4 years I've been driving. For the last 3 1/2 years I’ve always been on routes since I know about 30 routes in our center. Magically on Tuesday after filling a grievance I was not put on anything and about 15 people with less seniority below me where working. I asked to bump and was told no bumping today. Eventually someone volunteered to go home and I ran their route. Should I have filed for retaliation? They also did the same thing another day later that week.

Yes file and document everything everytime forever now

35years

Gravy route
Make your steward aware any time they try it. Tell him you want to work, and will file a grievance for the hours the junior employee works. When you file and win that grievance they will stop. Harassment for union activity is difficult to prove. A junior employee working when you are sent home is a lot easier to prove and costs them money.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

If they refused to allow you to work, it could be a seniority situation.

But, since you did work.... there's no violation.

Should I have filed for retaliation?

Harassment for union activity is difficult to prove.

Harassment for "perceived" retaliation.... is hard to prove.

He won this round.

-Bug-

ManInBrown

Yup. Forget about everything that happened in the past. You’re living in a different world now. Good on you for filing. But now you have to watch everything you do. They’ll be watching you like a hawk for the time being. Note everything and file on everything. Work close with your steward on everything. One very important thing you have to do is, keep filing 9.5 every single time you are violated. Dont let all the BS they’re going to try to pull now discourage you. That’s exactly what they’re trying to do. Don’t let them win.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yup. Forget about everything that happened in the past. You’re living in a different world now. Good on you for filing. But now you have to watch everything you do. They’ll be watching you like a hawk for the time being. Note everything and file on everything. Work close with your steward on everything. One very important thing you have to do is, keep filing 9.5 every single time you are violated. Dont let all the BS they’re going to try to pull now discourage you. That’s exactly what they’re trying to do. Don’t let them win.

For most (real) Union members.... that's an average day.

Pfft.

Overpaid Union Thug

If a junior driver ran a route that you wanted then you should be able to file for the difference in pay if they were out later than you.

Whitelightning1534

My question is is can I greivance a bunch of supervisors for using UPS money to buy their pt supervisors food but refuse to buy hourlies food when we're the ones who do the work i caught some supervisors a few days ago getting pizza and wings they had hidden in an upstairs office and to me personally I find it to be complete bull:censored2: that the sups get food while us hourlies get no recognition​

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
My question is is can I greivance a bunch of supervisors for using UPS money to buy their pt supervisors food but refuse to buy hourlies food when we're the ones who do the work i caught some supervisors a few days ago getting pizza and wings they had hidden in an upstairs office and to me personally I find it to be complete bull:censored2: that the sups get food while us hourlies get no recognition​
If you want recognition UPS isn't the place for you.

542thruNthru

Don't worry about it. You make double what they do at your other job.

Go into management?

KOG72

I’m full of it
Seniority rules