Retaliation and UPS management blackmailing employees who have substance abuse issues.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes much safer if they are only drinking and taking anti-depressants! Oh xanax for those "diagnosed" with anxiety too! Much safer because a big corporation paid the FDA to say so.
I have seen people, maybe a bit off center, nervous, etc, go off the deep end once the doctors started pushing that crapola. That stuff is bad.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
They have posters hanging in my building offering cash rewards for employees who report ethics violations that they see other hourlies commit.

Management, on the other hand, is offered raises if they commit them.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They have posters hanging in my building offering cash rewards for employees who report ethics violations that they see other hourlies commit.

Management, on the other hand, is offered raises if they commit them.
Which is why I recommend bypassing the union and report time shaving infractions directly to the state AG's office.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Had and employee in our office that realized a problem with substance abuse and addressed the problem before management was aware of it. Management then became aware of it because of the time off work. Then one day management came into the office and took the employee for a drug test which was passed with no problems. I was the union steward and not aware of the past abuse and not informed when they removed employee. Grievance was filed which was won because management had no evidence or symptoms showing this person at the time was using drugs or alcohol.

Dr.Brownz

Had and employee in our office that realized a problem with substance abuse and addressed the problem before management was aware of it. Management then became aware of it because of the time off work. Then one day management came into the office and took the employee for a drug test which was passed with no problems. I was the union steward and not aware of the past abuse and not informed when they removed employee. Grievance was filed which was won because management had no evidence or symptoms showing this person at the time was using drugs or alcohol.

Was this under the current contract? Did you know there is now a monetary penalty for harassment? 3x the daily guarantee max penalty. Get it!

browned out

What are you hoping to accomplish with this post?
I posted these facts for numerous reasons. UPS has intimidated the vast majority; if not all of its pilots. The vast majority of airline pilots at UPS are afraid to address valid safety concerns due to certain retaliation from UPS. These pilots know what happened to Capt. Greene. They know the tactics UPS used. They know UPS forced pilots with substance abuse issues or dui's to write false statements to target employees for termination. They know UPS is violating its' own whistleblower policy, its' own retaliation and workplace violence policies, the UPS EAP (employee assistance program) and the FAA HIMS (Human Intervention Motivational Study) program. We have absolute concrete evidence of this. It is disgusting.

It is very expensive to delay a 747 loaded with NDA due to a safety issue. FAA complaints can be very costly. UPS can not have that. So UPS management forces UPS hourly employees to write false statements targeting other employees. Pure and Simple.

We do not possess any concrete evidence these tactics were used against the employee who committed the murders at UPS in SF. It is more than plausible. I am certain that UPS is fully aware of what caused that employee to snap and commit the atrocities. UPS is keeping that to themselves.

UPS needs to walk the walk. Stop retaliating against employees who have substance abuse issues. It is not part of any 12 step program.

What I hope to accomplish is for UPS to abandon the practice of forcing employees into writing false statements targeting other employees. And for UPS to come clean and make those harmed whole again. It is a shame that it will almost assuredly will not happen. At least it is receiving more exposure.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
I posted these facts for numerous reasons. UPS has intimidated the vast majority; if not all of its pilots. The vast majority of airline pilots at UPS are afraid to address valid safety concerns due to certain retaliation from UPS. These pilots know what happened to Capt. Greene. They know the tactics UPS used. They know UPS forced pilots with substance abuse issues or dui's to write false statements to target employees for termination. They know UPS is violating its' own whistleblower policy, its' own retaliation and workplace violence policies, the UPS EAP (employee assistance program) and the FAA HIMS (Human Intervention Motivational Study) program. We have absolute concrete evidence of this. It is disgusting.

It is very expensive to delay a 747 loaded with NDA due to a safety issue. FAA complaints can be very costly. UPS can not have that. So UPS management forces UPS hourly employees to write false statements targeting other employees. Pure and Simple.

We do not possess any concrete evidence these tactics were used against the employee who committed the murders at UPS in SF. It is more than plausible. I am certain that UPS is fully aware of what caused that employee to snap and commit the atrocities. UPS is keeping that to themselves.

UPS needs to walk the walk. Stop retaliating against employees who have substance abuse issues. It is not part of any 12 step program.

What I hope to accomplish is for UPS to abandon the practice of forcing employees into writing false statements targeting other employees. And for UPS to come clean and make those harmed whole again. It is a shame that it will almost assuredly will not happen. At least it is receiving more exposure.
@browned out,

Thank you for your comprehensive response. You sound like you have a valid and serious issue.

In my opinion based upon my experience UPS is full of intimidation and retaliation when individuals try to change things for the better.

My experience unfortunately has found that when doing this you often get intimidation and retaliation from some Union brothers because they often seem to not like it when their little dysfunctional boats are being rocked.

I am curious how are these hourly workers are specifically being coerced or pressured into these false statements?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
@browned out,

Thank you for your comprehensive response. You sound like you have a valid and serious issue.

In my opinion based upon my experience UPS is full of intimidation and retaliation when individuals try to change things for the better.

My experience unfortunately has found that when doing this you often get intimidation and retaliation from some Union brothers because they often seem to not like it when their little dysfunctional boats are being rocked.

I am curious how are these hourly workers are specifically being coerced or pressured into these false statements?
Did you not read @browned out post
You can’t be this dense