Retired 4/1/2019 UPS says I do not get retro pay

Retired UPS

I retired 4/1/2019 with 31 years of service. I asked my Center Manager when would I receive my retro pay. His answer you wont as you were off the books when the contract was ratafied. I worked 8/2018 to 4/2019. I was absoultley stunned. He also said I would not receive the 5th Rover day. Should I fight this or just be happy I am out. Lakeshore Division in Upstate NY

542thruNthru

Me personally I'd just move on and enjoy my retirement but at the same time. Now you have a lot of time on your hands so this can be a pet project.

Go get em!

I retired 4/1/2019 with 31 years of service. I asked my Center Manager when would I receive my retro pay. His answer you wont as you were off the books when the contract was ratafied. I worked 8/2018 to 4/2019. I was absoultley stunned. He also said I would not receive the 5th Rover day. Should I fight this or just be happy I am out. Lakeshore Division in Upstate NY
What's the 5th Rover day?

And congratulations on your retirement

We got an extra rover day. It was 5 sick and 4 rover and since they made the day after Thanksgiving a work day the added a rover.
I know here we get any vacation time we didn't take plus whatever we earned for the following year I'm not sure about the optional and sick days. UPS does pay those days off pretty quickly, usually the following pay period.

oldngray

nowhere special
I know here we get any vacation time we didn't take plus whatever we earned for the following year I'm not sure about the optional and sick days. UPS does pay those days off pretty quickly, usually the following pay period.
I doubt he would get paid for those extra days. He should get paid for the wage increase between the time the previous contract expired and when he retired (I think).

I doubt he would get paid for those extra days. He should get paid for the wage increase between the time the previous contract expired and when he retired (I think).
I honestly don't think they are going to pay it, just like the people that quit before April 29th. They are going to say we was working under the terms of the old contract. Hopefully I'm wrong.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I doubt your center manager knows anything about retro pay. Your business agent and labor manager worked out the details. Contact your business agent

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive

Fight it....

Retroactive means exactly that, the pay scale went into effect 8/1/18 so you are entitled to back pay