Retired 4/1/2019 UPS says I do not get retro pay

Not that it has anything to do with what I said, but our raises are retroactive to August. OP said the reason his center manager said he did not get a retro check was because he was "off the books" when the contract was ratified. The contract was ratified in October, so his center manager is incorrect.
The contract is not ratified until all of the supplements are ratified. Why is this so hard to understand?

Retroactive means the pay scale is effective 8/1/18... this is why it’s called backpay. I don’t know why that is so hard to understand

Wrong. Contract was ratified in October. It went into effect once all supplemnents, etc. were passed. All economic gains are retroactive to the beginning of the contractual period.
We shall see. I hope he gets it but I really don't think he will.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Wrong. Contract was ratified in October. It went into effect once all supplemnents, etc. were passed. All economic gains are retroactive to the beginning of the contractual period.

Exactly

We shall see. I hope he gets it but I really don't think he will.

Ups will probably try and screw as many people that quit, retired or got terminated as they can.

However, legally the separated employees are entitled to backpay.

oldngray

nowhere special
Exactly

Ups will probably try and screw as many people that quit, retired or got terminated as they can.

However, legally the separated employees are entitled to backpay.
I think its pretty clear they are entitled to it.

Also pretty likely they will have to fight to get it.

El Correcto

god is dead
You know Dave? Pushy type of guy, gets hit by cars, and throws cats into dumpsters. Also leases cars and overvalues condos?
Dave first of his name, slayer of the elderly, king of the condos, signer of packages, finest driver in the North.

We will need him soon, winter is coming and the DOT hours are long and full of stops.

LarryBird

They are entitled to it. I believe they will get it. I also believe UPS will not voluntarily track them down and pay them.

They will need to notify the company in writing about their desire to be paid their back pay. They may need to contact the labor board to provide them a copy of their letter of complaint to UPS and then let them flesh it out. It will be an arduous process and UPS is counting on the fact that the union doesn't care about these people anymore and the affected people won't care enough to fight them and go through all these hoops for their money.

In the end, more people than not, will have given up, and those who did not, will end up with every cent of their earned back pay. UPS will keep more money of that back pay than they pay out overall. Small victory for them.

This is what I am envisioning. I think it's bull:censored2:. I think UPS has all of those people's address and bank account information - they should have contacted all of those owed and let them know they would be receiving a mailed check or direct deposit. But that isn't happening.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Wrong. Pay was from then for people who worked under ratified contract on 4/29 and after. Again, you never worked under ratified contract.

Where do you see language that says you have to work after 4/29/19 to be entitled to pay owed on work from 8/1/18-4/28/19?