Retired UPS Management willing to answer all questions that you are are afraid to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldMan

You mean save money the UPS way. Save a couple of dollars on gas but pay the driver another hour of OT at $50 + hr.
I didn't say I agreed with all of it but it does have value if the right management team knows how to use it.

OldMan

Is to start a thread....

And then, insult members because you don't like what they say.

Nice way.... to ingratiate yourself, to the Brown Cafe.

Yeah....

They kind of stand out, like a sore thumb.

-Bug-
I just give back what I'm given. Always have, Always will.

OldMan

You sound like a fair one, but I'm talking about district level and up.
District Managers & above are concerned about how the management below them are producing. If the hourly employee's are doing bad then they want answers from the management team. Believe me, they are not going to accept the answers that are hourlies are POS's. I know you might find this hard to believe, but upper management knows it's the workers that make them successful. That's why every workshop I was ever sent to talked about taking care of the worker's.

District Managers & above are concerned about how the management below them are producing. If the hourly employee's are doing bad then they want answers from the management team. Believe me, they are not going to accept the answers that are hourlies are POS's. I know you might find this hard to believe, but upper management knows it's the workers that make them successful. That's why every workshop I was ever sent to talked about taking care of the worker's.
How come it never came back to us?

OldMan

Division manager or District manager? Did you want more control, and responsibility that came with it?
Division Manager. I enjoyed having control & the responsibility that came with it. Fortunately I had some good running operations and good bosses to work with. I also met a lot of excellent people during my years at UPS. I don't have any regrets and for the most part enjoyed my working career.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
So whats the deal with the workloads still skyrocketing all the time and all the harassment all the time about the numbers when the a lot of the numbers are unachievable because the time study or standards are pretty much made up and they make them what they want anyway. Are they really *issed off about how much money we make and do they think we are overpaid for the work we do?

OldMan

How good is mgmt. retirement if you're spending time being Uncle Tom, here?
It's excellent. Maybe someday you'll get the chance to find out. I'm just trying to give back to some other people who are looking for answers like I had when I was just starting out. This is something I'm quite sure is way over your head.

O

OLDMAN3

Perhaps Photog, SignificantOwner or someone else in management can ask the OP a question that will reveal if he is a Troll. So far I see no posts by the OP that could not have been made up by any driver or part time sup. After the "Stewart" response I am guessing part time sup.

OldMan

So whats the deal with the workloads still skyrocketing all the time and all the harassment all the time about the numbers when the a lot of the numbers are unachievable because the time study or standards are pretty much made up and they make them what they want anyway. Are they really *issed off about how much money we make and do they think we are overpaid for the work we do?
It's hard to answer because I don't know where you work. However, most management realize that if the drivers were not getting paid that kind of money neither would management. I think part of the problem is that hourlies don't want to go into management or they go in for the wrong reasons. Therefore you have a group of people that don't really understand the job.

OldMan

Perhaps Photog, SignificantOwner or someone else in management can ask the OP a question that will reveal if he is a Troll. So far I see no posts by the OP that could not have been made up by any driver or part time sup. After the "Stewart" response I am guessing part time sup.
I'm not the greatest at typing. So forgive me if I don't meet your standards on spelling. Fortunately, I don't have to answer to you or anyone else for that matter.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
And you still drink cheap crap beer?
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.