Retiree Healthcare Costs under Tentative Agreement

Bad Gas!

Ok,
A total knob-head question...
Do they kick you out of the current retirement healthcare plans once you reach medicare age? Does this vary by which plan you are covered by?

They kick you out but if your spouse is younger than 65 it still cost 200$ in Southern Supplement for bennies and she is covered....

willybad

in january i got my letter from ups saying my insurance was going from 50 to $500 in august.i 1st called ups ,who told me it was a done deal.then i called teamsters who told me not to worry about it ,it was only a contract ploy.come to find out it is a contract ploy for both sides.the current employees get everything they want,to vote yes.teamsters keep getting their same dues,ups gets their insurance premium increase.it's only the retirees that get screwed.current employees don't care,ups is happy to screw us,and teamsters doesn't give a rip ,because we don't pay dues anymore anyways.at least i like the new job i got to pay the new insurance premiums.i may not be retired anymore but at least i don't have to pay union dues or work for a back stabbing company like ups.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
in january i got my letter from ups saying my insurance was going from 50 to $500 in august.i 1st called ups ,who told me it was a done deal.then i called teamsters who told me not to worry about it ,it was only a contract ploy.come to find out it is a contract ploy for both sides.the current employees get everything they want,to vote yes.teamsters keep getting their same dues,ups gets their insurance premium increase.it's only the retirees that get screwed.current employees don't care,ups is happy to screw us,and teamsters doesn't give a rip ,because we don't pay dues anymore anyways.at least i like the new job i got to pay the new insurance premiums.i may not be retired anymore but at least i don't have to pay union dues or work for a back stabbing company like ups.

​Looks like you can't even buy capitals.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
DAMN Hoaxster! And here you thought you'd never get a chance to use your phat ebonic's skills ever again huh?

kazranch

I just got a call from a former driver in Calif. he used to be a union steward, the word is that retirees from Dec 31 2013 and earlier their healthcare will be under UPS, so we all know what that will mean, UPS will be able to charge as much as they want for our healthcare, and unfortunately we have no say so, UPS will force us to go with the Obama care,which is exactly what they want, We can thank our Unions for putting us under the bus, this is what the new contract is trying to do to us if it passes, remember the letters we all got back in January of 2013? how our health care was going to go up to $249.00, if this contract goes thru all of us retirees will could end up paying a lot more than that, and that is per person, pretty messed up HUH?

kazranch

I would like all retirees to call their Union reps and raise HELL!!!! I did, if they don't hear us they will think everything is just hunky dorie