Retiree healthcare

KevinG

Thanks in advance for any help with my question. I have been with UPS freight/tforce for 15 years. I am 58. It's looking like I'm on my way out of driving due to serious health issues. I am eligible for the retiree health insurance through Central States teamcare as I am 55. My wife does not carry health insurance. Does anyone know if I can take retiree health insurance and delay taking the pension until 65 so I don't take the hit of 6% a year for early penalty?
I retired about 6 months ago. I never got any info about retiree healthcare. As far as I knew, we were supposed to get retiree healthcare for $150/month. All my pension retirement paperwork was done through the mail so I never needed to talk to a live person. 2 months after retiring a lady called me about a healthcare packet that was returned to her. It went to an old address. I gave her my current one and I never received a thing since. I called the union and they said contact your business agent. Why is it so hard to just give me the info to call the healthcare provider and sign up for insurance. Now I read something about Part D and you have to be 55 to get retiree healthcare. Is that right?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I retired about 6 months ago. I never got any info about retiree healthcare. As far as I knew, we were supposed to get retiree healthcare for $150/month. All my pension retirement paperwork was done through the mail so I never needed to talk to a live person. 2 months after retiring a lady called me about a healthcare packet that was returned to her. It went to an old address. I gave her my current one and I never received a thing since. I called the union and they said contact your business agent. Why is it so hard to just give me the info to call the healthcare provider and sign up for insurance. Now I read something about Part D and you have to be 55 to get retiree healthcare. Is that right?

Maybe it’s just me But I had all this figured out before I punched out for the last time
Because insurance is kind of important

Johney

Here you have to be 55 to get Teamcare retiree coverage. $400 a month for spouse and yourself deducted right from pension checks. I was told before retiring that it was automatic unless you signed off that you didn't want it.