Retirement Getting Closer

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Maine is a bit cheaper than NH , but a lot more lakes and lakefront property to buy , more expensive until your at least 3 to 4 hrs north of Mass border , this is my camp in Maine. My single uncle bought in 67 , left it to my brother and I ,, Gods country
How long of a drive is it to get there… beautiful brother…

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Thanks ,, our place is Waterboro Me ,
About 90 miles , little two hrs off season , but Memorial Day till Labor Day , could be a 3 hr ride traffic is brutal

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I don't know , I last saw him about 10 yrs ago
But we have a guy up here in Boston , full time preloader , from 1968. Then a guy in Chelmsford Ma , a shifter , just left in October from 1964 ,, I was two months old they day he walked in
You gonna try and beat the record?

Covemastah

He ran my grampahs trucking company , one of five sons. He never had time for a social life , his big nite out was trips to Fenway , had season tickets , took me all the time , he bought the camp , took all the nieces and nephews up there , by the time the kids hit 13 or so , they had no interest in him or the camp , my brother and I couldn't wait to go , loved it , he bought us a row boat and a 5 hp motor for Christmas one year , felt like kings of the lake , when I got older , I did all the maintenance on the place , guy was awful with a hammer ! He gave us a key at 18 and said he'd kick the crap out of us if we disrespected the place , he put it in a trust for us so the other cousins wouldn't come crawling out of the woodwork looking to cash in when he passed,

Covemastah

2 hours isn’t all that bad IMO….do many east coasters have 2nd homes up there???
Yes , most the camps on my lake have been handed down generations sad that new people come up buy a camp tear it down put up mansion. Lots of families here from Mass and Ct only 4 hrs from mid Ct and mostly 2 hrs from mass

We always buy used cars, I read about people paying 70k for a new truck that just sounds crazy to me. We make good money at UPS but that's still a chunk of change.
2 year old low mileage car is like new to me.

Let somebody else take the drive the new car off the parking lot hit.

I used to subscribe to this same theory, because it used to be accurate. If you're not in the market currently you wouldn't know, but used trucks aren't depreciating anymore, they're just as much as new ones. Used to be able to find a two year old truck with 30k or less on it for $15k less than new, now they're the same, or within a few thousand. For another $3k I'll take the 30k miles back and get a full factory warranty.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He ran my grampahs trucking company , one of five sons. He never had time for a social life , his big nite out was trips to Fenway , had season tickets , took me all the time , he bought the camp , took all the nieces and nephews up there , by the time the kids hit 13 or so , they had no interest in him or the camp , my brother and I couldn't wait to go , loved it , he bought us a row boat and a 5 hp motor for Christmas one year , felt like kings of the lake , when I got older , I did all the maintenance on the place , guy was awful with a hammer ! He gave us a key at 18 and said he'd kick the crap out of us if we disrespected the place , he put it in a trust for us so the other cousins wouldn't come crawling out of the woodwork looking to cash in when he passed,
Did any of the cousins raise a fuss when he finally passed??