retirement gift

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
I can overlook a lot of things that happened during my career here but last year was unforgivable.
Every one of those bastards has special place in hell
Looks like me and you had the same kind of center. I did leave when things got bad. I was going to stay even longer but these last years was not for me. Some of these guys on here must of had good centers and management. Not my center these last years. People are leaving left and right. Then again some people might have Stockholm syndrome. No matter how you feel about the company if you put in a lifetime of service and don’t see something wrong with a $100 departing prize then God Bless you.

Looks like me and you had the same kind of center. I did leave when things got bad. I was going to stay even longer but these last years was not for me. Some of these guys on here must of had good centers and management. Not my center these last years. People are leaving left and right. Then again some people might have Stockholm syndrome. No matter how you feel about the company if you put in a lifetime of service and don’t see something wrong with a $100 departing prize then God Bless you.
My parting gift will be my pension check.
Don't get me wrong I've been grateful for this job and being able to provide for my family but the way this company treats everyone is ridiculous

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Eh, I made so much money I can buy pretty much anything I want so not gonna get worked up about the retirement gift (I went with the Ninja Foodie Grill btw). I mean seriously what do you want, should they have bought you a new car or something?

Eh, I made so much money I can buy pretty much anything I want so not gonna get worked up about the retirement gift (I went with the Ninja Foodie Grill btw). I mean seriously what do you want, should they have bought you a new car or something?
You're missing a whole entire point.
It used to be a big deal when somebody had 25-30 maybe 35 years retired.
Now these bastards can't wait for you to get out the door and replacing somebody cheaper.

Darmark7

Point missed.. I would rather have them not give out any gift. It’s like the waiter getting a penny. It’s that penny that is a slap in your face. If Nothing was left it wouldn’t feel as bad.

oldngray

nowhere special
I would rather have them not give out any gift. It’s like the waiter getting a penny. It’s that penny that is a slap in your face. Nothing left wouldn’t feel as bad.
I wouldn't throw a fit if I didn't get my $100 gift but better than nothing. Mostly a relic from the times when the company still cared but I wouldn't refuse it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You're missing a whole entire point.
It used to be a big deal when somebody had 25-30 maybe 35 years retired.
Now these bastards can't wait for you to get out the door and replacing somebody cheaper.
I never cared about the "big deal", I worked at UPS for the money not a pat on the back or an attaboy. Getting a free gift on the way out the door just doesn't bother me the way it seems to bother you. Different strokes.

I never cared about the "big deal", I worked at UPS for the money not a pat on the back or an attaboy. Getting a free gift on the way out the door just doesn't bother me the way it seems to bother you. Different strokes.
You are completely missing my point.
I've been doing this job longer than you and I seen how they used to treat the people who was retired. At one time his company respected somebody the dedicated their whole life to this company but now we're just overpaid truck drivers.

It's not about the amount of money it's a gift costs

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You are completely missing my point.
I've been doing this job longer than you and I seen how they used to treat the people who was retired. At one time his company respected somebody the dedicated their whole life to this company but now we're just overpaid truck drivers.

It's not about the amount of money it's a gift costs
Anyone who "dedicated their whole life" to a big corporation is clueless. UPS is in business to make money not hand out feel-good service awards and if you ever thought different that was just you fooling yourself. I made my money and left on my own terms which is all I ever wanted. I'm sorry you feel like the company has let you down, but you should never have expected anything more. It's just a job.

Anyone who "dedicated their whole life" to a big corporation is clueless. UPS is in business to make money not hand out feel-good service awards and if you ever thought different that was just you fooling yourself. I made my money and left on my own terms which is all I ever wanted. I'm sorry you feel like the company has let you down, but you should never have expected anything more. It's just a job.
Again you're not understanding. It used to be a big deal when somebody retired.
Just a heartfelt thank you that's all about how much can you give me.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Point missed.. I would rather have them not give out any gift. It’s like the waiter getting a penny. It’s that penny that is a slap in your face. If Nothing was left it wouldn’t feel as bad.
The cooler keeps my beer cold for 4-5 days. Thanks UPS.

Darmark7

IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U We wonder why the Union looses grounds in negotiations? Some people are very pleased with pretty much nothing so why would a company not take away all they can. Can you imagine being on the other side of the bargaining table with these guys that are thanking UPS for pretty much nothing. I wondered why the negotiations was loosing things little by little. why fight for people that are so happy with the way the company treats them and what they receive? Dang next negotiations should take about 1 day. Just take what UPS gives then thank them and the contract is done ✔️

Last edited:

Big Rigger

The butt kissers get the big send off and everyone knows why. I'd rather be associated with the real teamsters and shunned than to be celebrated with the two faced snitches and duly celebrated.