Retirement

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Ive read a lot of retirement discussions on here, and am more confused than ever. Can someone just tell me when I can retire? I'm starting Monday as a PT package handler. I'l be 37 in a few months, and plan to be a driver in 3 years. When can I retire? When I'm dead?
did you quit yet

brownalltheway

Ive read a lot of retirement discussions on here, and am more confused than ever. Can someone just tell me when I can retire? I'm starting Monday as a PT package handler. I'l be 37 in a few months, and plan to be a driver in 3 years. When can I retire? When I'm dead?

Yeah it depends on the pension plan and with many union plans going under you will be lucky to have a pension. If you live in a right to work state. Stay out of the union they don’t care about the employee just them getting their dues payment

darthups

Why are the contracts so different between locals? We are all teamsters! We work for the same company! Can I work in a center with a good local and pension? Can I move from one center to a different one, so I can enjoy what is left of my life with some dignity? At the rate I'm going, I wont be able to do a dam thing with grand kids if I'm so blessed. My contract says I need 30 years full time after age 57. No health coverage after retirement. problem is, I was 35 when I became full time. I also have ten years part time. Doesnt count towards my full time years! So I ll have 40 years in total. Anyone else in the same boat? If I was in a local across the Deleware river, I would be eligable for retirement in five years with health coverage till I turn 65! The stark differences between contracts and locals is total BS!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why are the contracts so different between locals? We are all teamsters! We work for the same company! Can I work in a center with a good local and pension? Can I move from one center to a different one, so I can enjoy what is left of my life with some dignity? At the rate I'm going, I wont be able to do a dam thing with grand kids if I'm so blessed. My contract says I need 30 years full time after age 57. No health coverage after retirement. problem is, I was 35 when I became full time. I also have ten years part time. Doesnt count towards my full time years! So I ll have 40 years in total. Anyone else in the same boat? If I was in a local across the Deleware river, I would be eligable for retirement in five years with health coverage till I turn 65! The stark differences between contracts and locals is total BS!

Run for office in your local, and negotiate for the changes you want. Or at very least get a bunch of other members to tell your local what changes you want to see in the contract.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Depressing math: The Teamsters have about 1,400,000 official members, with the last 2016 international election only 198,778 dues paying members bothered to turn in a vote...That means that 72 % of our members do not get a rip on who is in office and leading this Union, they have given up on having their voices hear decades ago and believe that the system is rigged from the get go. By the way UPS Teamsters consist of 20 % or over 240,000 members, if ever we get our act together an vote consistently we could control the power structure with the International and then, maybe then we will see some much needed changes.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
More than likely.
I'll go out on a limb since I don't know your health or health history. You are starting way late. You won't see a retirement check.
If you don't quit and get another job, kill yourself now.