Retro check is in!

Chukie804

Management told me I'd never be a driver
Drivers in progression like me care. I'm currently at around $1300 on backpay. That is alot of money when you take home $800 each week.

I'm in the same boat on the in progression back pay but they can take as long as they need to get my supplement right. That money ain't going anywhere let it keep piling up.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm getting $3.75 per hour + OT with back pay so I can wait til whenever to receive a multi thousand dollar bonus check. I just wish the rumors were true at the beginning of negotiations about going back to a 3 year progression. Imagine the back pay check for that, it'd be something like $11.86 an hour!

Nobody cares about backpay... it's only going to add up to maybe $50. The contract was way more important, but if you voted Yes just to get $50, shame on you.

My backpay check is already over $3000 less taxes and growing pretty rapidly. If we wait til January it’d be about $7000. This contract will have me at top pay in a year and a half from now instead of 3 and a half.

I'm getting $3.75 per hour + OT with back pay so I can wait til whenever to receive a multi thousand dollar bonus check. I just wish the rumors were true at the beginning of negotiations about going back to a 3 year progression. Imagine the back pay check for that, it'd be something like $11.86 an hour!
That’s gonna be a large tax bill to the state.

qjacob172

Nobody cares about backpay... it's only going to add up to maybe $50. The contract was way more important, but if you voted Yes just to get $50, shame on you.
Drivers in progression like me care. I'm currently at around $1300 on backpay. That is alot of money when you take home $800 each week.

Same here I don’t understand why no one can give us a date I’m very union forward and I did vote and attend every meeting but still can’t get a straight answer

Chukie804

Same here I don’t understand why no one can give us a date I’m very union forward and I did vote and attend every meeting but still can’t get a straight answer

Assuming you're serious, there's no date because no one knows when the supplements will be settled.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
That would be nice... A 30,000 to 40,000 dollar check!
Easy there friend. Just taking the hours needed for a years pension credit, 1800 hours/year. The 70 cent raise is like $1,260 a year.
Yes I know the OT is much better but nobody is getting anywhere close to $30k by 2023!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Assuming you're serious, there's no date because no one knows when the supplements will be settled.
You sound like you have a good had on your shoulder. You are just wasting your time explaining this to all those dummies. All they see is dollar signs and get all googly eyed thinking about when will they have more toy money. Bunch of donkeys.

SameRightsForAll

Checking the grill every 10 minutes doesn't cook the meat any faster. Many union members have NO problem putting this "back pay" on the back burner for as long as it takes to resolve this contract mess. I'd rather strike and be completely broke and lose some of my home luxuries than to sell myself and others down the river over money that UPS is intentionally holding onto to get you to comply with them without question.

MostHelpNeeded

Easy there friend. Just taking the hours needed for a years pension credit, 1800 hours/year. The 70 cent raise is like $1,260 a year.
Yes I know the OT is much better but nobody is getting anywhere close to $30k by 2023!

Try your math again figuring in the additional yearly raises until 2023...not just the 1st $0.70 :teethy:

Chukie804

You sound like you have a good had on your shoulder. You are just wasting your time explaining this to all those dummies. All they see is dollar signs and get all googly eyed thinking about when will they have more toy money. Bunch of donkeys.

I'm still under 5 years so I'm wet behind the ears and starry eyed yet. Filled with grand notions of brotherhood, I will always at least make an attempt to elucidate the matter for the woefully underinformed. But ya know after a while, something something horses, something something make them drink
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is based on 10 to 20 hours OT. All numbers are averages. I’m in feeders so this is realistic.

You can make $40 to $50 a week the first year. .70 cents... $40 comes to $2080. $50 comes to $2600.

2nd year $80 to $100 a week based on the .70+.75 cent... $80 comes to $4160. $100 comes to $5200.

3rd year $123 to 157 a week based on the
.70+.75+.80 cents... $123 comes to $6396.
$157 comes to $8164.

4th year $173 to $220 a week based on the
.70+.75+.80+.90 cents... $173 comes to $8996. $220 comes to $11466

The final you $228 to 290 a week on the
.70+.75+.80+.90cents+$1... $228 comes
to $11856. $290 comes to $15106.

$2080+$4160+$6396+$8996+$11856=
$33,488 working 10 hours OT a week...

$2600+$5200+$8164+$11466+$15106=
$42,536.

These figures are not added to the vacation weeks. So if you can take a lot of vacation in a year then shave off few grand at the end. This also doesn’t add to the dubs and trips pay for the feeder world...Like I said $30,000 to $40,000 check!