Retro checks

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I got a couple of checks like this in my time...also some unused option day checks at the end of the year. Usually they would hand them out at your center and not direct deposit them. If that was the case, "mama" would never find out about them. I'd go down to the bank, cash them and stash them in my rathole hiding spot in my wallet. haha

Quigley

The trade off for the higher starting wage is the extra year of progression so, yes, you can make less than a new guy coming in today.

Employees in progression do not receive contractual raises and therefore will not receive a retro check.
You want to put $1 on this?

Cincypackagehandler

You want to put $1 on this?

Is that for full time or part time. By that logic since I got through my progression during the contract renegotiations I was hired 9/8/09 and my 4 years was 9/8/13 I wouldn't receive a retro check? The way I look at it is if the contract and all the supplements would of been passed by August 1st of 2013 and you would of been making more money on that date than you were in the past 9 months then the company owes you that money and you should receive a retro check.

Quigley

Is that for full time or part time. By that logic since I got through my progression during the contract renegotiations I was hired 9/8/09 and my 4 years was 9/8/13 I wouldn't receive a retro check? The way I look at it is if the contract and all the supplements would of been passed by August 1st of 2013 and you would of been making more money on that date than you were in the past 9 months then the company owes you that money and you should receive a retro check.

Anybody that would have gotten a raise Aug 1 if the contract went into effect Aug 1, will get a retro check. I dont know much more simpler this can be.

UPSER110

If the contract went into effect on Aug1 then drivers making $17.25 would have automaticaly go to the new starting wage of $18.75. You cant make less then a new guy coming in today. So yes there will be retro checks for those who went full time anytime up to April 25th.

Here is what I don't understand.. I was a reg-temp (part time cover driver) on July 31 2013 making 21.13/hr (75% of the top rate in 2008).

Retroactive to Aug 1 2013 75% of the top rate (32.99) is 24.74.. (the new contract has the same language)

So a new reg temp would start at 24.74, I should get that bump in pay too. $3.61/hr difference in pay that is owed to me.

I went full-time at the end of September. Hopefully I will be able to get the difference in pay that was owed to me. I understand I don't get the .70 because I am still in progression.

Quigley

Here is what I don't understand.. I was a reg-temp (part time cover driver) on July 31 2013 making 21.13/hr (75% of the top rate in 2008).

Retroactive to Aug 1 2013 75% of the top rate (32.99) is 24.74.. (the new contract has the same language)

So a new reg temp would start at 24.74, I should get that bump in pay too. $3.61/hr difference in pay that is owed to me.

I went full-time at the end of September. Hopefully I will be able to get the difference in pay that was owed to me. I understand I don't get the .70 because I am still in progression.

Correct

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hindsight is 20/20 but in light of all of this uncertainty I think the Teamsters should have posted an article on their website fully explaining how retro pay works with examples of various scenarios, such as employees in progression, seasonal employees and reg/temp drivers, with calculations for each.