Retro in July

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Yesterday at pcm center manager said retro checks would be issued in July, anybody else hear the same?

Maybe some validity to this. Paying in July would not effect second quarter's numbers, and after the beating the stock price took after Q1 results I can see this being the plan.

watdaflock?

Like I said MOST didn't vote.
TTKU
Not voting has zero to do with UPS decision makers taking 6-8 weeks to send out retro checks.

Hope this helps.

Retro checks should be given to only those that vote.
That is dumb.

If you didn't vote......no retro check.
Our union cares about voter participation about the same amount UPS management cares about getting retro checks mailed out.

Hilarious how all the old farts blame new hires for the lousy service.

JustDeliverIt

I bet a lot will leave after they get their retro check

Our preload staffs about 115/day. Of the ones I've talked to, 6 to 8 are on the fence or definitely out once those checks come. And those are just the ones I've worked with. I have a feeling were are going to loose roughly 10% right before summer vacations kick in. Good times!!

Our preload staffs about 115/day. Of the ones I've talked to, 6 to 8 are on the fence or definitely out once those checks come. And those are just the ones I've worked with. I have a feeling were are going to loose roughly 10% right before summer vacations kick in. Good times!!
Especially the guys that don't have that much time in, they are going to get a nice check.

JustDeliverIt

And get more hours. Many will do that because they don't look at the future. They are forgetting about pension, healthcare and PTO.

Yeah, the healthcare is the big one. The ones that tough it out are the ones like me who have kids and realize the value of what you're getting, even as a PTer.

They'll leave and make more money now and then realize what they gave up when they need it.

Yeah, the healthcare is the big one. The ones that tough it out are the ones like me who have kids and realize the value of what you're getting, even as a PTer.

They'll leave and make more money now and then realize what they gave up when they need it.
Show me the money now. Even if they get health insurance from another job it's not going to be ass good as coverage as we have and it definitely won't be for free.

JustDeliverIt

Show me the money now. Even if they get health insurance from another job it's not going to be ass good as coverage as we have and it definitely won't be for free.

But without a doubt. My friends and I have adult conversations occasionally and healthcare almost always comes up. Ours is always better and I tell them I pay my union dues/month for it. Jaws always drop when they know what we get and what I "pay".