Retro Pay, Holiday, and Vacation hours included?

THE BROWN HORNET!

Hi all. Received my retro pay a few days ago, and the only hours which were paid were regular hours, overtime, and double time. It appears that my check was a little short. Say the average FT Pkg Car Driver has 5 weeks vacation plus one Option week, that equals about 230 hrs. I sat down and calculated all of my hours, and Holiday plus Vacation pay was not included. Wanted to ask you guys on here before I go to management if we do indeed get retro for those hours in question.

MattM

PT here My used option days and Holiday pay was included, and simply included into the sum for my standard rate of pay. There's no HOLIDAY or option days marked on the retro checks. I didn't use vacation between those days so I can't answer that one.

Whatever was on upsers pay stubs was what was eventually on my retro check. Did you use those five weeks of vacation between 8/24 and 4/28?

THE BROWN HORNET!

Yup, all but one week in May which I did not include. That week was paid at the (new) current pay rate. I'll take another look again this weekend. Thanks for your response, friend. :)

MattM

One Vacation week in my supplment is paid at 1/52th of the prior years 52 weeks from your anniversary date. Say it's 2018, and your anniversary is September 9th and you take vacation in October. September 9th 2018 would be the cutoff point. You would then go back a calendar year for your yearly average. Now this yearly average should be missing your August 2018 back pay, so your vacation checks in October may have been a tad short.

It all depends on your supplement and when your anniversary is.

I think they may have screwed most of us. My anniversary is in March. I have vacation coming up in August. From August 2018 to March 2019, without the retro pay, my weekly average is much lower than it should be. My upcoming vacation checks will have 8 months of lower than average months.

It'll be interesting how the retro checks will be included or excluded into ones average yearly pay.