Return to building

DRAisawesome

Was told today during a meeting that the focus is going to be on the return to building. Here comes the harassment if one is a couple minutes late to the building according to the awesome reports Fedex runs on an everyday basis. Better get your butts moving for the crazy good pay.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So many managers with so little to do.

For the couriers who are late returning to the building, they will be hanging them with a new rope. Won't they?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
So many managers with so little to do.

For the couriers who are late returning to the building, they will be hanging them with a new rope. Won't they?

hypohanna had a good line a while back, which was something along the line of "FedEx runs reports that monitor the monitoring reports", which is just about right. They're all about compliance, not actual thinking, which really helps explain a lot of the brain-dead decision-making we see on a regular basis.

El Morado Diablo

Someone probably said, "Think how much money we can save if we hold everyone to their RTB times. That extra couple of minutes per day x 1000's of couriers really adds up". It's the same mentality when it comes to adjusting start times in five minute increments for entire work groups.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Someone probably said, "Think how much money we can save if we hold everyone to their RTB times. That extra couple of minutes per day x 1000's of couriers really adds up". It's the same mentality when it comes to adjusting start times in five minute increments for entire work groups.

Make an inane dictate, expect everyone to comply, and then apply punishment when few can meet the new standard. If you want earlier RTB times, you can either lower pickup expectations or buy the local roadways and make them private Express pathways to an earlier arrival back at the station.

Stupid.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Make an inane dictate, expect everyone to comply, and then apply punishment when few can meet the new standard. If you want earlier RTB times, you can either lower pickup expectations or buy the local roadways and make them private Express pathways to an earlier arrival back at the station.

Stupid.

Why don't they just start getting the freight to us on time? That honestly seems like the most logical....oh wait, we don't do logic. Never mind.

jmeti000

Its not just for those that are late...I RTB 8 mins early according to the +- 5 min window and was told next time I return early I will get an olcc. I said ok and now just sit for 10-15 mins playin angry birds soakin up the clock.

hypohanna had a good line a while back, which was something along the line of "FedEx runs reports that monitor the monitoring reports", which is just about right. They're all about compliance, not actual thinking, which really helps explain a lot of the brain-dead decision-making we see on a regular basis.
Brown kills more trees than a lumberjack on crack!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Its not just for those that are late...I RTB 8 mins early according to the +- 5 min window and was told next time I return early I will get an olcc. I said ok and now just sit for 10-15 mins playin angry birds soakin up the clock.

A perfect illustration of FedEx stupidity at work. This reminds me of timecard policy, which reminds me of all of the other dumb policies that collectively make this company...retarded.

This is truly management by spreadsheet, with an emphasis on spreading the sheet as widely as possible. If you RTB + the 5 minute window due to an accident that is clogging-up traffic, do you get an OLCC for that?

God, can they really be that dumb?

Last edited:

Damon77

I'll never understand upper management. The last thing I want to do is spend more time at work. But time and time again they look at us like we're trying to steal money....it's insulting. I come in to do an honest days work, and get home safe to my family.

overflowed

I'll never understand upper management. The last thing I want to do is spend more time at work. But time and time again they look at us like we're trying to steal money....it's insulting. I come in to do an honest days work, and get home safe to my family.
I agree they do think we're all trying to milk or something. I remember a front line where he was talking about our Friday pace. I took it as being implied that we work slower on Friday, cause we got paid? I remember someone blurted out "what the hell is my Friday pace." When he said it in the video he was kinda like wink wink when he said it. Maybe that's how they truly think at the top because none of their ops managers would actually say "Hey this won't work and it's stupid." Ball less the whole lot.

DontThrowPackages

Remember, a thief is always the first to accuse someone of being a thief. I don't care what the report says, I will not speed back to the station period. You will never be fired for coming in a little late but call management to say you just hit someone going 60 in a 35 and you might as well delete the number from your phone after you hang up because you'll no longer need it.

Rhoderunner

WOW amazing. Let's not get you off the clock and save this supposedly cash strapped company money. Let's not let the P of PSP mean PEOPLE and let you go home to your family when done. I guess just call me a rebel.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I remember a front line where he was talking about our Friday pace. I took it as being implied that we work slower on Friday, cause we got paid?

I clearly remember that vid. it was over a yr. ago and MT3 said "Friday pace" and, "Payday pace".

fedupped

RTB is semantics for SPH. They are just bundling it all together. 15 min stem, 15.9 SPH, 18 min stem return. Add it up, divide the stops by the minutes..nothing has changed.

When I get back to the building I always hang around another 20 mins. I go from a 40 to a 39 then a 56. I check my email shoot one to my buddy that says make sure your being safe. He replies w the same message. We do this every day. That way we can cover our tracks, they see we have logged onto the computer and we are doing stuff. It's the raise i have myself a year ago. Yeah those 20 mins are usually on time and a half or double time.

Doc Sorting Dude

A lot of the late RTB times has to do with dispatch sending you to help with someone who's still hammered with dels because of DRA. If my Mgr asks why I did'nt hit my return time, just say dispatch can answer that.