Return to work post Covid-19 leave.

tramtwo

Being on the front end of this I'm going to be the first to return to work after exercising the emergency paid leave benefit from UPS.

Received a call today that UPS is looking for assurance that I'm no longer contagious.

To my knowledge what they're doing with healthcare workers is making them present a negative test two days in a row to return to work.

Three weeks ago they weren't testing people who weren't deathly ill or First Responders so I never even received confirmation of having covid-19.

This is going to be pretty interesting. As there's no way they're going to burn two test on a UPS driver so he can go back to work. Even if... the results wouldn't come in until next week.

tramtwo

I have a return-to-work note from the doctor that says no restrictions they're wanting some other kind of assurance. I suggest they give me another two weeks off with pay I'll take that until an antigen test comes out.

FreedomOne

Did you self-quarantine for 14 days? Are you symptom free? If so, you should be good to go and they should not "waste" a test kit on you.

This virus has been shown to still be shedding even after symptoms disappear for up to a couple weeks. He will probably still pop positive.

tramtwo

Right now really aggressive actions on the front end to have people isolate but there's not much of anything on the return from isolation. You're not a healthcare worker and you're not showing any symptoms the chance of you getting a test to confirm youre negative are about zero at this point.

YourMissingCallTag

Been out since December 28th with the Vid. My state department of health called yesterday to make sure I knew I had a positive test and was isolated. I was told to stay isolated a full ten days before reporting back. I asked “how long will it be until I get a negative test result” and was told it could be ip to 90 days. Don’t think you’ll need a negative test to return back to work, just be symptom free.

quad decade guy

Being on the front end of this I'm going to be the first to return to work after exercising the emergency paid leave benefit from UPS.

Received a call today that UPS is looking for assurance that I'm no longer contagious.

To my knowledge what they're doing with healthcare workers is making them present a negative test two days in a row to return to work.

Three weeks ago they weren't testing people who weren't deathly ill or First Responders so I never even received confirmation of having covid-19.

This is going to be pretty interesting. As there's no way they're going to burn two test on a UPS driver so he can go back to work. Even if... the results wouldn't come in until next week.
Who is "they"?

UPS who exactly?

Here, just like it's always been......they want you at work....no matter what.

We don't wear masks at our building(mgt on down). Not one word about vax.....nothing.....no plan.....contingency....nothing.

They are begging for sleeper coverage.....