returning to ups after 4 years of military service (marines) HELP

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Ok... I told you I do 28 miles correct? Do you know a route thats all resi that does 200 stops and only 28 miles? I walk apartments complexes all day. Literally all day.

Also tell me Mr. Scientist how steps mean nothing. I park my truck 11 times through out the day. I guess in Wisconsin they also don't have Mall routes?

It's very easy to get that many miles walking.
Get one of those measuring wheels and drag that around to get actual miles. A Fitbit registers a step when you fart.

542thruNthru

Get one of those measuring wheels and drag that around to get actual miles. A Fitbit registers a step when you fart.

Actually my steps were counted by my center manager because IE used Google earth and GPS between the truck and DIAD. IE thought I only walked maybe 30 ft to each stop. I was over 4 hours in the hole because of it. I don't own a fitbit.

542thruNthru

I don't need to see pictures to know that you aren't walking 100 miles a week on your route.

It's that hard to believe hu? Well I guess if you have nothing like it in your area I can see why. I used to believe people didn't drive 300+ miles on a route too.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's that hard to believe hu? Well I guess if you have nothing like it in your area I can see why. I used to believe people didn't drive 300+ miles on a route too.
Dude, you're not walking 20 miles a day, not even close. Use an app to map out a 20 mile course near your house and give it a shot some Saturday when you're feeling good. I bet you don't make it 5 miles before you call your wife to come pick you up.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Actually my steps were counted by my center manager because IE used Google earth and GPS between the truck and DIAD. IE thought I only walked maybe 30 ft to each stop. I was over 4 hours in the hole because of it. I don't own a fitbit.
I asked for them to put little odometers on my carts

HubSnakeWrangler

Welcome back and thank you for your service!

I'm an inside combo at the Ont ground hub. I don't look at the driver bid list regularly but the wait is usually 2-3 years shorter than combo jobs. I think the most recent combo bids stopped at 2012 -13 hire dates. Theyve recently opened a couple new buildings in the area which shortened the wait drastically. Lots of drivers went into feeders as well.

The local brought in a new BA specifically for the morning and afternoon sorts. I can message you his info if youd like.

The expansion and automation of the hub is basically complete. No sort aisle anymore. Bulk/irreg has its own belt system too. There are no bulk carts or sorters. Only belt splitters and tenders.
We're working peak hours right now. They've started the 'know anyone that needs a job...' text blast as well. Seeing new hires every day.

542thruNthru

You really think he walks for 8 hours on his route?

No, not in a 9.5 hour day. My route is 12 miles from the building. Thats about a 15-20min drive each way. Plus loading hand cart time and breaks. So definitely not. In a 10.5 hour day. Yeah I'd say 8 hours of walking.