Rick Perrys Greatest Hits! This will be good!

moreluck

golden ticket member
To all that are withholding their votes does that apply to local elections as well ?

I enjoy local elections, I tend to never vote for anyone seeking re-election and a favor anyone who lists their current occupation as retired.
What is needed in gov't is less career minded people and more people with common sense knowledge.

When it comes to local elections, if I don't know any of the candidates, I steer clear when it says "educator or teacher" under their names and the career politicians and I vote for the businessmen both white & blue collar and the cops & firemen. No offense to educators, but they are the ones who turn out the bleeding heart liberals from colleges and most of them have their heads you know where..

wkmac

To all that are withholding their votes does that apply to local elections as well ?

I enjoy local elections, I tend to never vote for anyone seeking re-election and a favor anyone who lists their current occupation as retired.
What is needed in gov't is less career minded people and more people with common sense knowledge.

In any given election, can the majority ultimately force the minority using the compelling power of the state to act against it's will or self interest for the purpose to benefit the will or self interest of the majority?

If I and my majority friends use the state and the elective process to force you to our will, what will you and your friends do in response?

Reverse the roles and what happens?

In the meantime, what grows more powerful and enjoys a monopoly of force, what will ignore common sense and what will multiply well beyond any limiting factor that is attempted to be applied to it?

What happens when in any given election, the voters are told one thing, promised one thing and regardless of the election outcome, none of the promises are ever kept?

How then do you control an entity that in effect only wants your vote and forces you silence when it begins to act now in it's own self interest and often to the harm of both majority and minority voters?

How can a society call itself free when the opposite of free, that is force, is such a common product within it's structure?

Why would one vote for force when one advocates it wants free?

In any given election, can the majority ultimately force the minority using the compelling power of the state to act against it's will or self interest for the purpose to benefit the will or self interest of the majority?

If I and my majority friends use the state and the elective process to force you to our will, what will you and your friends do in response?

In the meantime, what grows more powerful and enjoys a monopoly of force, what will ignore common sense and what will multiply well beyond any limiting factor that is attempted to be applied to it?

What happens when in any given election, the voters are told one thing, promised one thing and regardless of the election outcome, none of the promises are ever kept?

How then do you control an entity that in effect only wants your vote and forces you silence when it begins to act now in it's own self interest and often to the harm of both majority and minority voters?

How can a society call itself free when the opposite of free, that is force, is such a common product within it's structure?

How do you get there from here and where does it lead to?

UnconTROLLed

perfection

I do not vote. Agree with the last sentence.

moreluck

golden ticket member

This reminds me too much of......What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Originally Posted by wkmac

How do you get there from here and where does it lead to?

No answer wkmac?

bbsam

Staff member

I think the Republican Party has shown in the last two years that being in the majority is way, way, way over-rated and that the minority can in fact do as they wish, country be damned.

wkmac

HAH, nice dodge.....I asked the questions and you gave no answers.....my guess is you have no answers that are beyond dreaming.

I gave as good as I got....I suppose you know the answers?

The answer is right there in the questions themselves, it stares you right in the face.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh, "Country be Damned" is Barry's new campaign slogan......that hope and changey thing is past it's prime.
Well, you tell me. What good is a majority if a minority of" no" can stop anything at anytime. Simply minority Wk's premise may be flawed in that the majority cannot force it's will upon a determined minority,