ridiculous turnover

J

jibbs

No, i didn't wait a year...i wanna say i waited 6 months for benefits, but it's been so long, I don't remember. That being said.....I had it easier? Little boy, WTF do you know about my life or my job that you can say how much easier ANY of us had it than YOU, because we started years before you?? If you had to start all over again, you'd quit??? You've worked here, what....6 months?? What do you have vested in this company that you couldn't walk away tomorrow, and get a job at Walmart for the 9.50 or 10.50 an hour you're currently making at ups??

Math tells me that it's easier to last for 6 months to qualify for benefits than it is to last a year to qualify.

jaker

trolling
But back then preload loader was a skill job , why because it took skill

​that is long gone now a some of the worst loaders still can't read a little label

J

jibbs

But back then preload loader was a skill job , why because it took skill

​that is long gone now a some of the worst loaders still can't read a little label

Seems like some of the best sorters have a bit of trouble with that, too...

J

jibbs

I was loading packages for delivery back when we still used a horse and buggy. You young'ns don't know what you're talking about.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was loading packages for delivery back when we still used a horse and buggy. You young'ns don't know what you're talking about.

The driver complained about your loads then too.

1923-ford-model-tt-ups-truck.jpg

J

jibbs

And the supe still told me that it didn't matter a single flying **** what the driver said about my loads back then.

I hear it these days too but it doesn't make a difference, I'm just wondering when the eff I'll make it to the top of that gosh darn bid sheet.

(Nearly a century later and I still don't know what a flying *beep* is but I reference them all the time. No ****s given.)

snookbunny420

you wanna talk about turnover? right now jim casey is turning-over in his grave after seeing how this company is treating it's employees.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No, i didn't wait a year...i wanna say i waited 6 months for benefits, but it's been so long, I don't remember. That being said.....I had it easier? Little boy, WTF do you know about my life or my job that you can say how much easier ANY of us had it than YOU, because we started years before you?? If you had to start all over again, you'd quit??? You've worked here, what....6 months?? What do you have vested in this company that you couldn't walk away tomorrow, and get a job at Walmart for the 9.50 or 10.50 an hour you're currently making at ups??

To your last question, ambition and perseverance. That's why I stand out like a sore thumb at ups amongst other pters, no offense, but I think I have bragging rights for all Ive accomplished this year alone.

livin the dream

you wanna talk about turnover? right now jim casey is turning-over in his grave after seeing how this company is treating it's employees.

it's very inconsistent. if you're buddy buddy with the sups, it seems like you're life is much easier during the shift. i don't have any real problems with any of the sups, but i'm not sucking any dicks. other than our sort manager and a couple part time sups, i really don't like any of our management. i've never filed a grievance, but i have spoken up quite a few times. the union language can say whatever it wants, but i know damn well that if i file, there will be repercussions in one way or another.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
it's very inconsistent. if you're buddy buddy with the sups, it seems like you're life is much easier during the shift. i don't have any real problems with any of the sups, but i'm not sucking any dicks. other than our sort manager and a couple part time sups, i really don't like any of our management. i've never filed a grievance, but i have spoken up quite a few times. the union language can say whatever it wants, but i know damn well that if i file, there will be repercussions in one way or another.

You talk the talk, now its time for you to walk it.

upsgrunt

Without the right punctuation, this statement could sound really bad.

8Keys

the kid was apparently in high school. to be fair though, he got to start in the sort isle. and it's cold out. idk how much easier it could get for a new hire.
Slightly off topic, but I met some 17 year old unloaders this summer, and assumed they were only seasonal hires. I don't see how a high school kid could work 5 nights a week at UPS in November and have that be a good thing. In the case of minors especially I think it is a bad idea for UPS to be hiring them (summer or otherwise). I don't want to insinuate anything but states tend to have child labor laws which would require UPS to do things a little differently than they do for other employees.