Right ON track 100k+ this year

govols019

You smell that?
That's what I thought it was. I'd like to know why a TCD makes way more than a guy like me who destroys his back for 6 years in the local sort waiting to drive.

The TCD is a part time position... When they are not needed for driving they do their regular part time job.

Try working preload and then running a full route day after day and then tell me about destroying your back.

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm just under $90k right now. I've been turning down Saturday work during peak but will still surpass $93k. For me eaching $100k would actually be lame nowadays days. That would mean waaaaaaay too many hours and no life.

BUCN85

Because that is all that you seem to be worried about.
No. This topic crossed my mind because I was looking at my check details earlier and never realized how much in taxes were taken out. Which got me thinking how much we really made after tax at top rate. Because only more taxes will be taken out

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
for straight 40 hrs with no 401k deduction and claiming 2 at $34 and change i bring home just over a grand. a little over $300 in taxes taken out.

JL 0513

Top rate married drivers are in the 25% FED tax bracket. Doesn't include state taxes and all other deductions.

If you are single, don't make more than $90,751. That will put you at 28% federal. Interestingly enough, that line is very close for many drivers. An example of how the tax code creates a disincentive on working/earning more.