Right ON track 100k+ this year

How Now Brown Cow

Ive been with the company for almost 10 years. Ive been a part time cover driver for about 8 years. Started out just peak, then covering some heavy vacation weeks, then wherever needed so that it was very close to full time hours. I would work inside on preload when there was no work for a whole week for me. Now that I'm full time I'm red circled at the top rate(24.xx) for part time cover driver. 4 years until I get another raise. This is in the north east.

Mr.Golden

Just going by his posts. He says full time cover driver. Don't know much more.
Yes that right. I say that because I don't have a bid rt so I'm swinging. I believe it's suppose to be a certain ratio of ft swing drivers here. In driving school what was your pay rate? When I first went in it was $27 and some change. Some Carolina ppl was there also and they got paid $16 during school and $18 while driving. They was mad at us lol

JL 0513

Yes that right. I say that because I don't have a bid rt so I'm swinging. I believe it's suppose to be a certain ratio of ft swing drivers here. In driving school what was your pay rate? When I first went in it was $27 and some change. Some Carolina ppl was there also and they got paid $16 during school and $18 while driving. They was mad at us lol

Yes, $16.10 to start when I started 3 years ago on the last contract. I still don't understand how you started so high. And I'm in the high cost of living Northeast. Where a small house and small yard is like $300K.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's what I thought it was. I'd like to know why a TCD makes way more than a guy like me who destroys his back for 6 years in the local sort waiting to drive.
It's not like they start cover driving day one and make $29. They work part time for years before they get a shot to cover driver then they could cover drive for 10+ years before they get to go full time. Then it's 4 years after that to full scale.

It ain't all roses and rainbows I promise. Every supplement had things other supplements want.

Mr.Golden

That's what I thought it was. I'd like to know why a TCD makes way more than a guy like me who destroys his back for 6 years in the local sort waiting to drive.
I could've started after 3 years being on the local but I had 2 more yrs. After 5 yrs on the local I went to driving school and became a TCD. Back then it was $27 but with all the raises and cost of living raises it bump up to $29 now. That's in a 2 yr time frame.

BUCN85

I've always heard of drivers. At top rate. Talking about making 80k sometimes more. Is that what they are taking home after tax. Is all their talk pre tax.