Ring Doorbells....

Zowert

The most annoying thing in the world are customers who live in apartments with intercom systems. I have one apartment where the residents cannot buzz you in so they have to come to the door. It’s a pain in ass when you need to get signatures.

“Hello”
“UPS, I have a package for you. I need your signature could you come down please?”
“Hello?”
“...UPS!”
“What? Who is this?”
“This is a service provider with the United Parcel Service. You ordered something off Amazon that requires a signature. If you want it come down here.”
“Oh yeah. Okay. Are you there?”
“....”
“Hello? You there?”
*NI-1*

Indecisi0n

The most annoying thing in the world are customers who live in apartments with intercom systems. I have one apartment where the residents cannot buzz you in so they have to come to the door. It’s a pain in ass when you need to get signatures.

“Hello”
“UPS, I have a package for you. I need your signature could you come down please?”
“Hello?”
“...UPS!”
“What? Who is this?”
“This is a service provider with the United Parcel Service. You ordered something off Amazon that requires a signature. If you want it come down here.”
“Oh yeah. Okay. Are you there?”
“....”
“Hello? You there?”
*NI-1*
Hello
UPS, please come down to sign
Hello
NI3 (on first attempt )

Faceplanted

Don't be stupid. Sounding off with your horn is for safety. Speeding isn't safe.
What impending safety issue is arising at every stop? Is somebody backing towards your car at every stop? It isn’t for safety. You’ve been brainwashed by ups. You honk at a residential so that hopefully by the time you select your package the customer is already walking up to the package car and you save time. It’s literally illegal in most states, and it’s also annoying. Some people are shift workers and trying to sleep in the day time. Honking your horn and waking up a fire fighter who lives next door to somevody recieving a package.....who is trying to get rest after shift work is inconsiderate and as I said, in most states illegal.

In my state there’s is a statute against it. It’s consitered “improper use of horn” and can result in a fine.

Last edited:

ColdHarvest

What impending safety issue is arising at every stop? Is somebody backing towards your car at every stop? It isn’t for safety. You’ve been brainwashed by ups. You honk at a residential so that hopefully by the time you select your package the customer is already walking up to the package car and you save time. It’s literally illegal in most states, and it’s also annoying. Some people are shift workers and trying to sleep in the day time. Honking your horn and waking up a fire fighter who lives next door to somevody recieving a package.....who is trying to get rest after shift work is inconsiderate and as I said, in most states illegal.

In my state there’s is a statute against it. It’s consitered “improper use of horn” and can result in a fine.

A fine that will be passed along to UPS, as I'm working as directed.

I'll take the paid grievance over possibly hurting a kid thank you.

And wah wah..firefighters. Give me a break. I used to work as a paramedic for a FD, and the fire side of the house is 99% waiting. 48 hour shifts of sleeping and eating, while the EMS side turns and burns.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

And wah wah..firefighters. Give me a break. I used to work as a paramedic for a FD, and the fire side of the house is 99% waiting. 48 hour shifts of sleeping and eating, while the EMS side turns and burns.
Lol no you will most certainly pay the fine. The law doesn’t care who told you to do it.

ColdHarvest

Lol no you will most certainly pay the fine. The law doesn’t care who told you to do it.

Fellow driver was involved in a minor bender not so long ago. Was told by sup to keep working. Driver got a leaving accident ticket. Guess who ended up paying the fine?

Hint: not the driver.

Last edited by a moderator:

Faceplanted

A honk is not gonna save you from hurting a kid. Ups got you brainwashed as :censored2: friend. Counting kids will help you from hurting a kid.

Faceplanted

Fellow driver was involved in a minor bender not so long ago. Was told by sup to keep working. Driver got a leaving accident ticket. Guess who ended up paying the fine?

Whatever you say guy. I’m just letting you know what’s legal and what’s not legal.

Continue to break the law and always remember your supervisors have your back 100%

Faceplanted

Please tell us what voodoo you know pulling up to a stop that let's you know how many kids are there.

I eagerly await your Jedi knowledge...
i pull up, I count kids. I get back in package car, count again. If any are missing, I get out and circle the vehicle as well as look under.

Honking the horn is not going to stop you from running over a kid going under the truck to grab a tennis ball.

Ups wants you to honk the horn to get the customer to come to the truck so you can save times. They can eeek our another 5-10 stops a day out of you like this.

ColdHarvest

i pull up, I count kids. I get back in package car, count again. If any are missing, I get out and circle the vehicle as well as look under.

Honking the horn is not going to stop you from running over a kid going under the truck to grab a tennis ball.

Ups wants you to honk the horn to get the customer to come to the truck so you can save times. They can eeek our another 5-10 stops a day out of you like this.

And what happen when kid number x, that you didn't count pops up?

Does Obi Wan or Yoda intervene with Jedi force?

And let's assume the horn honking is to get the customer to meet you at the PC. Jealous some of us work smart rather than hard?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I call BS on that.
Pure BS.
“My supervisor told me to” is not an affirmative defense in a court of law.