Ring Doorbells....

21Savage

That might bite you in the ass one day. All it takes is one jerk to say he never got it. Where’s the proof? I’ve seen it happen to drivers over the years, oh I know my customers! Do you really? I saw a driver with 18 years get fired because he would leave CODs without getting paid because he had gotten friendly with the store owner. The guy would pay the COD after a couple of days. He got caught and fired. Trust no one.
Yeah you're probably right. But a COD is totally different. That guy got way too comfortable.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
So do you guys re-attempt furniture irregs with sig required? Couches, desks etc?
I go back before I go in at the end of the day when they’re home from work or the kids are home. If I’m not to far away, and especially if it’s a particularly obnoxious box or multiple large boxes that have been under my ass all day. I can’t bear the thought of having it the following day! My preloader appreciates it too!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Great customer experience and builds bond between driver and customer.

It can be useful if you have your own route and know your customers personally.
Those aren't customers, they are consignees.

The customer is the shipper who paid for the contracted services.....JS

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Nope, our contract is with the shipper who enlists services rendered and ultimately receives the guarantees for any service failures.
That’s what they told us when I was just a pup, we’re a shipping company, we don’t make money on the drop off, only the pick up!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Nope, our contract is with the shipper who enlists services rendered and ultimately receives the guarantees for any service failures.
Even "free shipping" is not free. The price is built into the sale. Therefore both the pickup and the final delivery are customers.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Even "free shipping" is not free. The price is built into the sale. Therefore both the pickup and the final delivery are customers.
....and every package is not something bought or sold, but we in every instance sell services of varying levels to the shippers.
Therefore the shipper is who we have a commitment to satisfy under the terms of the guaranteed services contracted.

Many times the packages do contain purchased goods, but sometimes they contain documents, gifts, personal items, etc.
Hell, sometimes the shipper is the consignee.
My point, for the sake of this discussion, is who cares?

Just follow the methods and get a signature if required, whether the lady on the ring doorbell begs you to forge her name and leave it on the porch, or not.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
My point, for the sake of this discussion, is who cares?
Delivery Patriots care!

Za2F4fuz6VPD.jpg