RLA PETITION

bbsam

Staff member
Op Need--
is this what passes for activism today? Somebody signs an electronic signature on a website and goes to another website to boldly proclaim, "Done!"? Let's just say that posting the signature count is a way of holding up a mirror to the cause for folks to decide if they are really willing to join, to bring others in, to see the project through to it's completion. And no, I don't get any perverse pleasure from this. I've known it all along. This cause will have to join with a larger and more widespread movement to go anywhere. Maybe begin by contacting the Teamsters and find out how to HELP THEM. Who are they organizing and how can couriers help? Instead of looking to be organized, help organize others. Get experience on the ground and see where it leads and what relationships can be formed

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Op Need--
is this what passes for activism today? Somebody signs an electronic signature on a website and goes to another website to boldly proclaim, "Done!"? Let's just say that posting the signature count is a way of holding up a mirror to the cause for folks to decide if they are really willing to join, to bring others in, to see the project through to it's completion. And no, I don't get any perverse pleasure from this. I've known it all along. This cause will have to join with a larger and more widespread movement to go anywhere. Maybe begin by contacting the Teamsters and find out how to HELP THEM. Who are they organizing and how can couriers help? Instead of looking to be organized, help organize others. Get experience on the ground and see where it leads and what relationships can be formed
The Teamsters suck. There I said it. How many of us really feel like helping them out after they left us holding the bag in 2010? They don't deserve any help since they aren't willing to lift a finger for us. As soon as Smith got his RLA deal secured once again the Teamsters disappeared faster than Hoffa Sr vanished. I'm not against your idea Sam but there's gotta' be a better union than the Teamsters. At least one that won't disappear as soon as the first hiccup gets in the system.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The Teamsters suck. There I said it. How many of us really feel like helping them out after they left us holding the bag in 2010? They don't deserve any help since they aren't willing to lift a finger for us. As soon as Smith got his RLA deal secured once again the Teamsters disappeared faster than Hoffa Sr vanished. I'm not against your idea Sam but there's gotta' be a better union than the Teamsters. At least one that won't disappear as soon as the first hiccup gets in the system.

Word. Fist bump.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Pretty much the same as you do now only you'd risk being under the illusion that you're making great strides. Your welcome.:)
well, I do thank you for keeping me in check. Otherwise I might risk looking like some sorta damn fool.
:runcirclsmiley2:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Try being a micromanaged underpaid courier for a couple of years, then let us know what you think.

Oh that's right, you're Fred & MT3's boy. Better get on the stick and get their shoes shined for tomorrow.

Why don't you quit and get a better job?

bbsam

Staff member
Hey Scam, let us know how it goes down at The Teamsters hall, when you ask what kind of free help you can offer them.
:asskissf:
Hey, keep doing what you're doing if you like the results. I'll keep letting you know how far you've gotten.

Cactus

Hey, keep doing what you're doing if you like the results. I'll keep letting you know how far you've gotten.
Hey do that. I would expect nothing less.

I was getting worried. Didn't see you here all day yesterday.
:beersmiley:

Cactus

This place in general was ultra quiet yesterday. Must've been the Monday blues .

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cactus

I checked Monster.com for you but I could not find any openings that could make use of your unique talent for anonymous bitching on an internet forum. :( Might want to develop a marketable skillset.
My career search is none of your business, nor were you the one I was answering to.

Why don't you advance yourself by marketing your smartassed remarks?

Hey, it's open mic night at the local comedy club. I'm sure you'd be a big hit. :blahblah: