Road qualified shifters

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Did BUG miss the point of the OP's post?

When people ask questions here without contacting their Local first, it's

easier to just start with the basics.

Shifters should be full time cdl qualified feeder drivers and paid as such. None of this part time crap.

As always, things will vary by region, state, or Local.

My Local has 22.3 (non-CDL) yard shifters.

The best part, they are paid feeder rate when shifting. As per the

Central Region language.... one click over 4 hours and they are paid feeder

rate all day. This is a Local agreement.

Well no shyt

Didn't someone already start a thread about this ?

Maybe it was a comment in another post.

22.2 is less a buck or so.

In my state, it's a $1.69 differential.

-Bug-

Daf

Has any other hub/facilty tried to make shifters (fulltime ,combo or part time ) become C.D.L. Road qualified shifters. Here at White's Creek Nashville Tennessee Tennessee , they are pressing the issue , if you do not get road qualified you are then laid off (back to the hub) ?
Here they have always had it that way that the shifters can go on road. If I were you tho I would contact your steward and BA both. If you signed a bid that did not require that qualification you should get to keep doing what you are doing. If they lay you off, then that would mean your job is no longer needed, which means if they have someone else perform your job it is a contract violation. Because a laid off employee has the right to perform the work when it is available.

Indecisi0n

5262991-twerkey.gif

gorilla75jdw

Here they have always had it that way that the shifters can go on road. If I were you tho I would contact your steward and BA both. If you signed a bid that did not require that qualification you should get to keep doing what you are doing. If they lay you off, then that would mean your job is no longer needed, which means if they have someone else perform your job it is a contract violation. Because a laid off employee has the right to perform the work when it is available.
You are laid off because your job now requires you to be CDL qualified, therefore if your not they pass you by to the next guy who is qualified .

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You are laid off because your job now requires you to be CDL qualified, therefore if your not they pass you by to the next guy who is qualified .

Umm....

That's not really a layoff situation.

Changing the (current) job content requirements, would need some negotiation

with the Local. The company should go "above and beyond" to allow employees

to remain in their job.

-Bug-

Inthegame

It doesn't.

But then again, I would have to bash former elected Officials in my Local.
And I'm not suggesting anyone should be "bashed", as I'm confident former officials didn't contemplate UPS would attempt to extend local agreements elsewhere.

I understand local autonomy but I have this apparent misconception that situations like this should be addressed, discussed and approved by the regional directors before any local sets a precedent that could harm others.

But yet our reps are travelling to a CRT JAC in Chicago, which is covered by locals not in the CRT.

More perfectly logical decisions.

Special UPS Operator

Bro i tried reaching my shop steward and ba none of em picked up.