Road Runners.

Bad Gas!

Steve, I completed 49 marathons from age 34 to age 47.. Then the knee's failed.. Struggling to finnish my last driving years now in my fifties...Enjoy every minute of it.. I wouldn't change a thing except I qualified twice for Boston and didn't sign up...my longest was a 41.2 mile run in Tenn, called the Strolling Jim Ultra in May.. Ran it twice.. Very hilly and hot...good luck Steve.. Favorite marathons were Louiseville Kentucky Derby Marathon and the Austin Marathon in Feb..

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
STRIKE 2

REJECTED%2521.jpg

Last edited:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The funny thing about Boston is, it's never really been my goal. I just want to run fast, and in doing so, I inadvertantly qualify. My next race is Saturday, a 5k, so let's see how i do. After that I have a couple of 1/2 marathon's, a 4 miler and then The Jacksonville Bank Marathon, Dec18th. This one I have a goal for, but I may wait until after to let you know if I achieve it, or not.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The funny thing about Boston is, it's never really been my goal. I just want to run fast, and in doing so, I inadvertently qualify. My next race is Saturday, a 5k, so let's see how i do. After that I have a couple of 1/2 marathon's, a 4 miler and then The Jacksonville Bank Marathon, Dec18th. This one I have a goal for, but I may wait until after to let you know if I achieve it, or not.

Did I ever tell you the story about the Fox and the Grapes?:rolleyes: C'mon now Steve, it's a little late to try and spin that one on us.

I just can't imagine what your secret goal for Jacksonville is....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Did I ever tell you the story about the Fox and the Grapes?:rolleyes: C'mon now Steve, it's a little late to try and spin that one on us.

I just can't imagine what your secret goal for Jacksonville is....
LOL, I guess I just should have said what my goal is. I want to run a 3:10 or better marathon, as do a bunch of my buddy's. My ultimate goal is to go sub 3, but shhh, I didn't tell you.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Okay, so i never ran Jacksonville due to an injury. I actually took 2 months of to heal. I'm proud to say that my injury is all healed up and I've been running for 2 months injury/pain free. My Girlfriend and I are on our last few long marathon training runs for Grandma's Marathon on June 16th. Oh, and today I PR'd in my latest 5k and for the fourth race in a row I've won the Overall masters award. 2 times finishing 2nd O/A and 2 times finishing 9th O/A. I'm so stoked to be back and be healthy.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Ran the Dark And Dirty Race last night in Reading, PA. It's a 6.66 mile trail run in the dark through the pitch blackness of woods. 2nd year running this and had a great time as I did last year. Fell once though last night and got a good bit dirty but got right up and kept on going. Only down side was actually being 4 minutes slower than last year since i came in at 1:28 this year.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Ran the Dark And Dirty Race last night in Reading, PA. It's a 6.66 mile trail run in the dark through the pitch blackness of woods. 2nd year running this and had a great time as I did last year. Fell once though last night and got a good bit dirty but got right up and kept on going. Only down side was actually being 4 minutes slower than last year since i came in at 1:28 this year.
Good for you Brother, I'm getting too old for that kinda stuff I have a hard enough time seeing in the daylight :laughing2:. A "buddy" of mine is trying to talk me into joining his team for this Tribal Quest 10k and I'm kinda on the fence about it, I'll probably do it but honestly at this point in my life I prefer a straight up race without mud pits and other surprises...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
1 week to go till Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, Minnesota, and my Girlfriend and I are nervously excited It will be Her first full marathon and my fourth. I have been injury free since February, so I'm hoping for a great race. If anyone is close to the race site, please come out and cheer us on.