Rockhounder's club (on topic)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
20180916_153630.jpg

This is jasperized petrified wood. It has veins of both red and yellow jasper.

20180916_153724.jpg

This is a piece of pretty high quality red jasper with some quartz veins running through it.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Rose quartz, citrine, smoky quartz, amethyst. Quartz, beryls, corundums, and a host of other gem stones are in the silicate family, which makes them all variations of naturally formed glass.
Yo Mo, you need help talking to the ladies? We have some guys that could help....

Whitelexus

I don’t know what this is called but found it years ago and always thought it was pretty. Now a fixture
18251F7A-B313-4FD9-AEF6-47284B154CA8.jpeg
of my landscaping

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yo Mo, you need help talking to the ladies? We have some guys that could help....

I'm married, my wife doesn't like it too much when I talk to other ladies. She does like it when I find gem quality stones that I can make into pendants.

It doesn't bother me if you think my hobbies are homosexual, it's a good reason to get out into nature and explore, and doesn't cost a bunch to do. To each their own, though.

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

I'm married, my wife doesn't like it too much when I talk to other ladies. She does like it when I find gem quality stones that I can make into pendants.

It doesn't bother me if you think my hobbies are homosexual, it's a good reason to get out into nature and explore, and doesn't cost a bunch to do. Tto each their own, though.
All good brother. I was just being a dick. Sorry. To each his own!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don’t know what this is called but found it years ago and always thought it was pretty. Now a fixtureView attachment 212907 of my landscaping

That's quartz, the fact that it has rust staining suggests it could be gold bearing. I've seen a lot like that around my route. One person had a piece of quartz with visible gold chunks in it sitting right next to his front door. Must have thought it was pyrite.

MyTripisCut

I knew I was sticking my neck out when I started this thread. Just curious to see who else is into rocks.
Well, I have a couple huge rocks over the fence in my backyard. Next weekend, I’m gonna hop the fence and take some pics, just for the hell of it.

Whitelexus

That's quartz, the fact that it has rust staining suggests it could be gold bearing. I've seen a lot like that around my route. One person had a piece of quartz with visible gold chunks in it sitting right next to his front door. Must have thought it was pyrite.
Hey thanks!!! Guess I’ll be bringing it indoors! Lol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Damn, was banking on that for retirement
Dreams officially crushed lol jk

If you knew where it came from, and assayed it to determine gold content, you could stake a claim and open a mining operation. That's one possibility I'm keeping my eye out for myself. Pretty long shot, but could still happen.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you knew where it came from, and assayed it to determine gold content, you could stake a claim and open a mining operation. That's one possibility I'm keeping my eye out for myself. Pretty long shot, but could still happen.
You can pan for gold in a lot of areas. Mostly you end up busting your butt for less than minimum wage but something to mess around with a few times.