Rockhounder's club (on topic)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Spend your time dominating the neighbors lawn!
kentucky-bluegrass-seed-head-midnight-image-5-lbs.jpg

37caf895fdd3200ad1dcb21365868013.jpg

A few whirlybirds in that top pic

Chop Chop

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
One person had a piece of quartz with visible gold chunks in it sitting right next to his front door. Must have thought it was pyrite.
Oh God. You just reminded me of this old lady who went ape sh* on me one time when she called to tell me I put the wrong color down on an appraisal I wrote for her car.

"It's not gold.....

It's PYRITE."

ffs.jpe

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You can pan for gold in a lot of areas. Mostly you end up busting your butt for less than minimum wage but something to mess around with a few times.

I've got three areas within a day's drive from me where the streams are open to recreational panning. I haven't done it too much, gotten about a fleck.

floridays

Nothing special to anyone else. But here's a handful of stones my sweet mama recently brought home from a trip to the motherland (Poland)View attachment 212896
You're right on that, best thing is your mom can still bring stones home. Happy for you Mr. Walks, best to you and your sweet mama. I wish I could enjoy the same.
All good brother. I was just being a dick. Sorry. To each his own!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I've had to make the same apology, good man.

Rocks, smh:lol:

I have no problem with people flickin' me crap. I can take it, I like to play the straight man because it throws people a little, and I would probably get myself banned pretty quick if I cut loose. It's all good, no hard feelings.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The second photo looks like some sort of slate or shale. I'm not great at identifying any given rock, but the ones I know, I can identify pretty readily.
Me either and my guess on the second picture is limestone with iron leeching throughout.
Not sure at all and in fact, I think you may be closer than I am.

dsc_0223-jpg.212885

floridays

I have no problem with people flickin' me crap. I can take it, I like to play the straight man because it throws people a little, and I would probably get myself banned pretty quick if I cut loose. It's all good, no hard feelings.
Was joking my friend, I've said stupid:poop: to trip before, and apologized, it was aimed at him. I've been a dick to him. You're good amigo. Cut loose sometime, lockup gets lonely. I actually do like your rock thread however, and have some pristine arrowheads I'd give to you for your daughters if I knew where they were.

floridays

@2033 here is a link I have used to look at the soils of properties I have been interested in buying, it defines the soil properties thus would give an idea to dominate rock formations. Cool site I've used to evaluate soils and the ability to grow plants. Hope anyone else can get some use from it. Nice thread, Amigo.
Web Soil Survey